If you are the coach...

...which you are not. Do you cut a kid whose parent has been mouthing off about the coaching staff? There has always been parents criticizing coaches in the stands and to there friends and to their kids. Now with social media and people hiding behind fictional names (they think), is it just not worth the time to dig through the muck to get their kid on board.

I heard John Wooden reply to the question did he have any regrets. He replied he regretted as a young coach a decision he made because of the ignorance of a parent. He had a player who had not met his lettering requirements. But this player had done so much for his team in other ways he had decided to give this kid a letter. A few days before the banquet this kids parent came in and knowing his kid did not meet the requirements for a letter demanded that Coach Wooden give him a letter. Coach Wooden decided not to give the kid a letter because of the parents action. He said he regretted that decision the rest of his life. So as hard as it can be at times the coach should never hold the ignorance of the parents against the player.

Parents complain?????? I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm with InitToWinit, "I take players solely based on skill", I'd also include work ethic as well. You need quality bench/role players to push the starters, they compliment each other and make the team better as a whole.

I feel more than a few coaches would punish the kid. Coaches are human and most people don't like being call out. When a person gets into coaching they should understand they will be 2nd guested , and there will be some unhappy parents. If they cant handle that , they need to get out of coaching. I have been very vocal about Greenup Co , Harold Tackett at game`s and on here. I also feel going to him in person could only hurt my son. I not mad at him about may son, its a team thing. Just over all coaching. I feel you never know how a coach will handle it. Last thing , people all ways say " your hiding behind a fake name and key board" Does anybody on here use there real name`s , doesn't look like it to me. It drives me crazy when people say that when they have some silly name.

I feel more than a few coaches would punish the kid. Coaches are human and most people don't like being call out. When a person gets into coaching they should understand they will be 2nd guested , and there will be some unhappy parents. If they cant handle that , they need to get out of coaching. I have been very vocal about Greenup Co , Harold Tackett at game`s and on here. I also feel going to him in person could only hurt my son. I not mad at him about may son, its a team thing. Just over all coaching. I feel you never know how a coach will handle it. Last thing , people all ways say " your hiding behind a fake name and key board" Does anybody on here use there real name`s , doesn't look like it to me. It drives me crazy when people say that when they have some silly name.

I don't, but everyone at NewCath and a good portion of this site know who I am. What I say on here I would say to anyone in person.

Does your son take your attitude to the team with him?

I`m sure he has herd adults talk. No he doesn't take it to the team as far as I know. He plays and practice`s very hard and did through the last game. There are a hole lot of Parents talking at Greenup now, so I`m sure all the kids here stuff. I was around 4or 5 players ( just standing beside them and could here them talk) with around 2 weeks left in regular season , and they was talking how bad they wanted baseball to start. So I think they know its bad, and many say they will not play next year.. Mine will Be on the floor.

I don't, but everyone at NewCath and a good portion of this site know who I am. What I say on here I would say to anyone in person.

And that is fine. I have made it very clear to people around Greenup how I feel about the coach. I feel going to him , could only hurt. My point was , I just don't like when people say , hiding behind a key board. Witch I guess, I and many others are. But that's part of it I guess. And by the way this is the only coach that I`ve ever had a problem with, I just can stand all of the losing , and feel there is talent too win more.

If I'm the coach, I take players solely based on skill. No need to punish the kid for his parents' actions.

If your the coach you have to learn to block the parents out.

Never judge a kid by the stupidity of their parents.

Your going to have parents complain and stuff you can't make everyone happy.

This. Glad I've learned this early on in my career.