If you are the coach...

Absolutely not. No reason to punish the kid because of the parent. All parents go through bouts of second guessing the coaches. it's human nature. In the end, I always go back to most things get decided at practice and in the hallways of our schools and most coaches are adapt at tuning out parents.

Many schools wouldn't be able to field a team if you cut a player because of parents!!!

More times than not that negative parent is effecting the players (negative) performance. Players are rarely as good these parents think they are...and the player starts to believe that and feels slighted. There are certainly the case of "less than effective" coaches no doubt, but more times than not parents are ridiculously biased. Like I said, if coaches cut players with parents bad mouthing coaches, we'd probably have about 20-30 teams in Kentucky :)

And that is fine. I have made it very clear to people around Greenup how I feel about the coach. I feel going to him , could only hurt.

If you have been saying this around other people then I'm pretty sure he has heard about it. So you might as well go and talk to him

In my opinion:

The more marginal the player, the more it matters.

And

The more marginal the coach, the more it matters.

As far as the player, you are absolutely correct. Most parents do not know where the marginal line is.

As far as the coach, marginal as far as trying to build a program and setting a standard for acceptable behavior. Like it or not you kid does bring your attitude with them to the team. The best thing to is keep your mouth shut. Support your kids and their coaches. Most important keep your opinions to yourself in public.

Kids do get cut because of their parents,be it Mom or Dad, if you see your kid getting very little playing time in summer it maybe a message that you need to support your kid's coach.

The mortal sin of coaching is when a coach is lying to your kid. Then all is fair!

As far as the player, you are absolutely correct. Most parents do not know where the marginal line is.

As far as the coach, marginal as far as trying to build a program and setting a standard for acceptable behavior. Like it or not you kid does bring your attitude with them to the team. The best thing to is keep your mouth shut. Support your kids and their coaches. Most important keep your opinions to yourself in public.

Kids do get cut because of their parents,be it Mom or Dad, if you see your kid getting very little playing time in summer it maybe a message that you need to support your kid's coach.

The mortal sin of coaching is when a coach is lying to your kid. Then all is fair!

I don't think you can say that every kid takes their parents out look on a coach to practice , some may and some may not. So you are saying no matter how bad a coach is, and how much they lose. A parent should keep there mouth shut and support them. Ok then. So if I have a problem with coach, not about my own son, but a total team problem. Just sit back , cheer, and be happy with all the losing. Is that what your saying.