March 22, 201511 yr I had Nova in the Final Four, so that isn't a great move. I just had a good feel for how the game would play out. UC would fight to the death, but at the end of the day UK was 15 or so points better if they played fairly well and UC did what they usually do. Fun game to watch court side. Love seeing two teams getting after it at a high level... I also had Nova going to the final four. Jay Wright got out coached again. When will I learn? UK won the game, that's all that matters.
March 22, 201511 yr Aaron Harrison was 3-7 on 3 pointers today. That is a good percent. Andrew Harrison 2 assists and zero turnovers. Both he and Ulis were 2-7 from the floor.
March 22, 201511 yr He just has short lapses of anger that are magnified by the bright lights of the game. All three times he was ejected this year were split second decisions that he still clearly struggles with. Nothing malicious, but no question clear flagrant 2 calls that should have been made. I have seen him grow up a TON first hand this season, but he still has a lot of work to do. The first two were simply trying to prevent a dunk and doing it in the worst way possible. Against Purdue he was getting beat to hell by their two bigs and tried to get in a shot on the box out. All three were very deserving of an ejection, but in no way make him a "thug" or terrible human being... Great explanation, I'll buy that. :thumb:
March 22, 201511 yr If Ellis played for UK he'd be a fan favorite. Seemed to have a lot of heart and occasionally let's his emotions get the better of him. I remember a UK player like that just a few short years ago.
March 22, 201511 yr Dakari has taken so many steps backwards since the new year. He's like a 6'11" Archie Goodwin....
March 22, 201511 yr I lost a lot of respect for UK fans after the game...yelling racial slurs at him during the game on top of some of the garbage that was on his twitter. Absolutely classless. The sad thing is it was males and females. Do they not realize that they root for an all black team?!? One female whose twitter profile stated "all american country gal who loves God." was absolutely ruthless "I'd give a grand for Ellis head. #BBN " REALLY?!? Oh on top of that, THIS also happened: Kentucky Male Cheerleader Clings onto Octavius Ellis, Won't Let Him Get Up | Bleacher Report If Ellis was a "thug' like some of you are saying, that male cheerleader would've been picking his teeth up off the court after doing that. Absolutely ridiculous. The kid did nothing to deserve any of that stuff being said to him. So he plays physical and with emotion. WHO CARES!! Cousins was MUCH WORSE and fans loved him. Like another poster said, if he played for UK, he'd be a fan favorite. People will hate him even more next year after he has a full off season to get in the weight room and put on some muscle. He is going to dominate teams.
March 22, 201511 yr I lost a lot of respect for UK fans after the game... Silly to say you lost respect for an entire group. If you're going to impugn a group simply make it "humans." With that said, the level of stupidity, ignorance, and hate by SOME(and too many) UK fans is asinine. But that's on them individually. They're losers.
March 22, 201511 yr I lost a lot of respect for UK fans after the game...yelling racial slurs at him during the game on top of some of the garbage that was on his twitter. How do we know @leef311 is a fan of a particular school? Nothing on his tweets gives that indication. Look at who he follows. You see no UK accounts. You see no UK posts. In other words, be careful before you tweet about an entire group when you don't know the background of a tweet-er.
March 22, 201511 yr I thought Ellis made a stupid move Thursday night. I didn't see anything out of line yesterday, and he handled his fifth foul pretty well considering the UK player went over his back. I have known players with worse anger issues. And having said that, I don't think throwing out his background on national TV helps. He is better by living now and for the future and not dwelling on the past. Just my opinion.
March 22, 201511 yr If Ellis played for UK he'd be a fan favorite. Seemed to have a lot of heart and occasionally let's his emotions get the better of him. I remember a UK player like that just a few short years ago. But Boogie is different... He's not a thug.
March 22, 201511 yr Great grind it out win... I love this team. Cal really has it figured out with this group. Ellis isn't a thug just a emotional kid who makes a few bad decisions. To those of you casting stones at an entire fan base, shame on you. You know there are "crazies" everywhere you go, in everything you do. Next....
March 22, 201511 yr But Boogie is different... He's not a thug. Of course... Here we go. This is a UK/UC post game thread.
March 22, 201511 yr I lost a lot of respect for UK fans after the game...yelling racial slurs at him during the game on top of some of the garbage that was on his twitter. Absolutely classless. The sad thing is it was males and females. Do they not realize that they root for an all black team?!? One female whose twitter profile stated "all american country gal who loves God." was absolutely ruthless "I'd give a grand for Ellis head. #BBN " REALLY?!? Oh on top of that, THIS also happened: Kentucky Male Cheerleader Clings onto Octavius Ellis, Won't Let Him Get Up | Bleacher Report If Ellis was a "thug' like some of you are saying, that male cheerleader would've been picking his teeth up off the court after doing that. Absolutely ridiculous. The kid did nothing to deserve any of that stuff being said to him. So he plays physical and with emotion. WHO CARES!! Cousins was MUCH WORSE and fans loved him. Like another poster said, if he played for UK, he'd be a fan favorite. People will hate him even more next year after he has a full off season to get in the weight room and put on some muscle. He is going to dominate teams. Ellis will not dominate teams. He's had three years to get bigger. What makes you think he's all of a sudden going to lift and gain 30 pounds??
March 22, 201511 yr I lost a lot of respect for UK fans after the game...yelling racial slurs at him during the game on top of some of the garbage that was on his twitter. Absolutely classless. The sad thing is it was males and females. Do they not realize that they root for an all black team?!? One female whose twitter profile stated "all american country gal who loves God." was absolutely ruthless "I'd give a grand for Ellis head. #BBN " REALLY?!? Oh on top of that, THIS also happened: Kentucky Male Cheerleader Clings onto Octavius Ellis, Won't Let Him Get Up | Bleacher Report If Ellis was a "thug' like some of you are saying, that male cheerleader would've been picking his teeth up off the court after doing that. Absolutely ridiculous. The kid did nothing to deserve any of that stuff being said to him. So he plays physical and with emotion. WHO CARES!! Cousins was MUCH WORSE and fans loved him. Like another poster said, if he played for UK, he'd be a fan favorite. People will hate him even more next year after he has a full off season to get in the weight room and put on some muscle. He is going to dominate teams. What did I do to you??!! :stop:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.