Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 64 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

I was scared for this game. Next time I will listen to gametime.....:lol2:

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would take a lot more than a few on court incidents for me to label Ellis as a "thug".

 

He saw something more horrific as a child than many of us will ever see.

Right or wrong, a guy who had to go through something like that gets a pass from me.

 

What does that have to do with playing basketball? Does that mean he gets a pass on things?

I saw no problem with the way Ellis played today. His play would have been considered soft back in the Big East old days.

All of the "Thug" crap makes me sick.

 

Personally, that was UK's most impressive win to date. TAMU, UGA, Arkansas all were slowed down, physical games, but neither had as much riding on them as this one did.

 

Proud of those young men and I throw up at a good part of the fan base that I'll never be.

It never seems like Cincinnati has scorers. I know Kentucky is terrific defensively but this seems to be a problem in all the Bearcats games. I'm sure other threads have beat this to death, but is this a purposeful recruiting decision?

It would take a lot more than a few on court incidents for me to label Ellis as a "thug".

 

He saw something more horrific as a child than many of us will ever see.

 

Right or wrong, a guy who had to go through something like that gets a pass from me.

 

So if or he murders someone he gets a pass because he had a bad experience.

It never seems like Cincinnati has scorers. I know Kentucky is terrific defensively but this seems to be a problem in all the Bearcats games. I'm sure other threads have beat this to death, but is this a purposeful recruiting decision?

 

Theyve had Kirpatrick and Stephenson recently tht come off the top of my head

What does that have to do with playing basketball? Does that mean he gets a pass on things?

Has nothing to do with playing basketball.

I was speaking on his aggression and attitude.

I was simply trying to say that if I saw my mother get murdered when I was a child that I don't know what type of person I would be.

The guy has had it rough and that doesn't make his antics right. But yes, he gets a pass from me. I feel bad for him. That's just how I feel.

So if or he murders someone he gets a pass because he had a bad experience.

 

Nope.

Figured you would take it there. It's a little outrageous to compare actions in a basketball game to murder.

The kid has problems because of his childhood. He's a loose cannon. I'm not saying it's right.

Has nothing to do with playing basketball.

I was speaking on his aggression and attitude.

I was simply trying to say that if I saw my mother get murdered when I was a child that I don't know what type of person I would be.

The guy has had it rough and that doesn't make his antics right. But yes, he gets a pass from me. I feel bad for him. That's just how I feel.

 

Agree. We also don't know how he was raised after his mom was killed. No doubt the kid has had it very difficult growing up and has issues. I truly believe that basketball is the best thing for him and hope he does well on and off the court.

I spent the whole ride up 71 trying to figure out was Ellis did today that was thuggish or that has "no place on the basketball court." I came up with absolutely nothing.

 

It just seems UK fans don't like physical play.

 

As for the actual game, UC missed too many good looks to have a chance to win. Against UK you don't get too many of them so if you don't convert, you're in trouble. UK's froth was a major issue too as it has been all season. UC wore out and it was obvious.

 

Congrats to UK fans on the W.

 

Oh, and Quadri Moore is a joke of a D1 player.

 

It would take a lot more than a few on court incidents for me to label Ellis as a "thug".

 

He saw something more horrific as a child than many of us will ever see.

 

Right or wrong, a guy who had to go through something like that gets a pass from me.

 

 

I don't care what he saw, he's still a thug in my mind..You don't go around trying to injure someone and trying to start fights if your not a thug. To me, if whatever he saw was horrific and he acts like he does on the court, that's troublesome.

It just seems UK fans don't like physical play.

 

Doesn't matter what the fans like, UK players better get used to it from here on out in this tourney.

 

If these guys get to the next level, they'll see this every game.

Personally, that was UK's most impressive win to date. TAMU, UGA, Arkansas all were slowed down, physical games, but neither had as much riding on them as this one did.

 

You think a win over Cincinnati is more impressive than beating Kansas or Louisville? Maybe because it was a one and done scenario, but that is the only reason why it would be close.

Ellis got a standing O today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.