Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 64 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

The term thug gets thrown around way too often, and more likely than not it's always a code word... Ellis was not a "thug" today, he was just overly physical IMO. Now last game he did have a thuggish act to get him thrown out. But in no way is he a thug, we need to save that for actual criminals.

 

Also, the only way teams will beat UK is of they can take them 1 on 1. Even if UK struggles with the Zone, they are still physical enough to beat it. Teams need to match up 1 on 1 and pray.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 of his shots were blocked. Oh, Trey Lyles had 3 of his shots blocked too. Scrub.

 

Speaking of Lyles, he came up huge. Wouldn't expect him to come out of a game like this with 11 rebounds.

I haven't watched him much so I'm not going to judge his behavior but 3 ejections seems to set a pattern of his actions on the court.

 

No doubt. Like I have said all along. He has deep rooted anger issues that he knows are there and has worked hard to correct.

 

Still, in reality he has done nothing major on or off the court as he deals with correcting the problem. He prevented two dunks the wrong way and got too physical on a box out. If that's the worst he's done.....

Speaking of Lyles, he came up huge. Wouldn't expect him to come out of a game like this with 11 rebounds.

 

I agree with you. He came up big on the glass which as you said was unexpected.

Speaking of Lyles, he came up huge. Wouldn't expect him to come out of a game like this with 11 rebounds.

 

He was really good, and did most of his work at the 4. That's his natural position and he looked great there today...

Ellis got under the skin of a few UK players, which I believe he was trying to do, and it was effective at times for UC. I didn't see thuggish behavior though. The Cats better get use to it, it won't be the last time it happens.

I thought basketball was supposed to be a physical game. I thought they put officials out on the floor to call fouls when it breaks the rules, did they not do that today?

Does anyone know the condition of the young man WCS murdered with that dunk. He never returned to action?

Ellis got under the skin of a few UK players, which I believe he was trying to do, and it was effective at times for UC. I didn't see thuggish behavior though. The Cats better get use to it, it won't be the last time it happens.

 

WVU comes to mind

Does anyone know the condition of the young man WCS murdered with that dunk. He never returned to action?

 

You bring up a good point, could that have been a tech foul for hanging onto the rim, I know they give them some latitude when other players are around, but the Moore was sent into the photo booth.

Lyles is going to be an NBA staple for years to come. He can be physical down low, and his mid range game is deadly.

Lyles is going to be an NBA staple for years to come. He can be physical down low, and his mid range game is deadly.

 

Always been a big fan of Trey and he showed why today. WCS and Towns were the focus of the UC D and were held to 17 and 9 combined. Lyles really made them pay though, which was the difference along with a couple timely 3s...

You bring up a good point, could that have been a tech foul for hanging onto the rim, I know they give them some latitude when other players are around, but the Moore was sent into the photo booth.

 

They could have given UK another point for it for all I care as long as Moore was taken out of the game.

UC played a rugged style but once WCS tossed down that poster shot I knew they'd likely never trail again. I like Deberry's future for the Cats and Shaq Thomas can elevate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.