Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 64 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

I'd say it's people going out and searching. It's a fan-shaming type thing. See how stupid/crazy these fans are etc...

 

Which is (almost) equally as pathetic IMO.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you care is my point ? If it really bugs you do a quick search of their teams fan base on social media and you will find more than enough nut jobs under any fan base.

 

It's silly to let someone else's actions affect you just because you root for the same team.

 

I don't need/want/care to see what other idiots fans have to say. It doesn't really affect me but it's like being with a group of people at the bar and one of your friends is the sloppy drunk always. You get tired of being around that person.

I don't need/want/care to see what other idiots fans have to say. It doesn't really affect me but it's like being with a group of people at the bar and one of your friends in the sloppy drunk always. You get tired of being around that person.

 

Unfollow solves that problem right?

Unfollow solves that problem right?

 

Unfollow? I don't follow anyone like that on twitter.

 

 

First thing I hear today at work from a UK fan. How about that cheater Ellis? What???

Unfollow? I don't follow anyone like that on twitter.

 

 

First thing I hear today at work from a UK fan. How about that cheater Ellis? What???

 

I thought you were talking about the people retweeting stupid things on Twitter.

 

Just tell him you don't follow basketball. :lol2:

 

You're the 1st person I know that actually knows people that are making the embarrassing comments.

I thought you were talking about the people retweeting stupid things on Twitter.

 

Just tell him you don't follow basketball. :lol2:

 

You're the 1st person I know that actually knows people that are making the embarrassing comments.

 

Fair I don't either. I just work with these clowns. I don't associate with them. :lol2:

 

 

Someone else just came up to me. Are you mad and posting stuff on twitter like all the other UK fans about Ellis. This is why...

On the other hand, I work in an office filled with X and UC fans who do nothing but trash talk me the entire year; not just during March.

 

Every team has stupid fans. How you react to those fans is the difference maker.

 

Frankly I'm shocked that UC fans would be upset over anything UK fans have to say after hearing the things that the X fans say to UC fans day in and out. You have GOT to have heard worse from an X fan in your lifetime!

 

In the grand scheme of things, any UK fan outside of NKY doesn't have a care in the world for UC's program.

On the other hand, I work in an office filled with X and UC fans who do nothing but trash talk me the entire year; not just during March.

 

Every team has stupid fans. How you react to those fans is the difference maker.

 

Frankly I'm shocked that UC fans would be upset over anything UK fans have to say after hearing the things that the X fans say to UC fans day in and out. You have GOT to have heard worse from an X fan in your lifetime!

 

In the grand scheme of things, any UK fan outside of NKY doesn't have a care in the world for UC's program.

 

Most fans (about 99%) in NKY do not have a care about UC. The people in Cincy care way more about hating UK than people in NKY care at all about anything UC.

Most fans (about 99%) in NKY do not have a care about UC. The people in Cincy care way more about hating UK than people in NKY care at all about anything UC.

 

I don't know. I know a few including my self that root for UC. Actually I've been to more UC games than UK. I thought UC had a great plan, and I was glad to watch a very entertaining game.

Man's inhumanity to man.

 

We discussed some of this when some Florida State football "fans" tweeted out things to Dalvin Cook following his poor performance against Oregon and there were reports of players' cars being vandalized. These are not fans, they are lunatics. And though this applies to comments made about players on other teams, the same applies. Fan stands for fanatic and often is equivalent to lunatic. There is no reason to say the types of things that are being said about a basketball player - and an unpaid one at that. That said, if it makes you feel better to believe that UK has the market cornered on such lunatics, more power to you. I think the things that people are willing to say and do behind the comfort of a keyboard and draped in (relative) anonymity is only getting worse, and it is a problem that every fanbase shares. That doesn't make it right and God willing one day we'll be able to stamp that out, but honestly from where I sit, I don't see the genie ever going back in the bottle on that stuff. People have thought, said, and done terrible things about and to people for all of time. Now they just have a very, very public forum with which to air it.

Most fans (about 99%) in NKY do not have a care about UC. The people in Cincy care way more about hating UK than people in NKY care at all about anything UC.

 

Not true.

 

While there is a minority from both fan bases that like to bash the other and might make your comment true, the majority of fans could care less about the other program and don't look at it as any type of rivalry, considering they only meet maybe once every 10-15 years in the NCAA tourney.

 

I get on a UC board every other day and up until this match up, there was rarely ever any mention of UK. Not much mention of X either, to be honest. The majority of the fans are worried about their program, and their program only.

 

Obviously the occasional NCAA tourney meeting or potential match up bring up conversation between the two fan bases, but even though my wife is a die hard UK fan, I can honestly say the only game of theirs that I watched from beginning to end this year was on Saturday.

 

Ohio State is who most UC fans love to hate...just like Louisville is who most UK fans love to hate.

Being from NKY I've always liked to see Cincy teams do well. Xavier is my preferred choice, but I usually have never openly rooted against UC except when they played XU.

 

I can honestly say the only game of theirs that I watched from beginning to end this year was on Saturday.

 

 

That's a shame. You've missed a lot of really great basketball.

Not true.

 

While there is a minority from both fan bases that like to bash the other and might make your comment true, the majority of fans could care less about the other program and don't look at it as any type of rivalry, considering they only meet maybe once every 10-15 years in the NCAA tourney.

 

I get on a UC board every other day and up until this match up, there was rarely ever any mention of UK. Not much mention of X either, to be honest. The majority of the fans are worried about their program, and their program only.

 

Obviously the occasional NCAA tourney meeting or potential match up bring up conversation between the two fan bases, but even though my wife is a die hard UK fan, I can honestly say the only game of theirs that I watched from beginning to end this year was on Saturday.

 

Ohio State is who most UC fans love to hate...just like Louisville is who most UK fans love to hate.

 

It is true. Boards like this and the UC boards are way less than the 1% of people that are fans in the area. You cannot base a anything off of these types of boards. I know plenty of people that are UC fans and work with plenty of Cincinnati people. Great people but many have a deep rooted hatred of all things UK and are not afraid to voice their opinion. Most OSU fans are like that as well. I don't have anything against UC, just don't care either way.

That's a shame. You've missed a lot of really great basketball.

 

Simply don't watch teams I have no interest in. If I wasn't covering X last year, I wouldn't have watched any of their games either outside of when they played UC.

 

I'll watch the occasional game on ESPN but the majority of my time is spent covering the high school stuff or watching UC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.