Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 64 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

It is true. Boards like this and the UC boards are way less than the 1% of people that are fans in the area. You cannot base a anything off of these types of boards. I know plenty of people that are UC fans and work with plenty of Cincinnati people. Great people but many have a deep rooted hatred of all things UK and are not afraid to voice their opinion. Most OSU fans are like that as well. I don't have anything against UC, just don't care either way.

 

So this board represents 1% of fans but the plenty of people you know represents more...gotcha. :lol2:

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this board represents 1% of fans but the plenty of people you know represents more...gotcha. :lol2:

 

Yes, I know that you think these boards are be all, end all and hold way more importance than you think but it is not true. :lol2:

Not true.

 

While there is a minority from both fan bases that like to bash the other and might make your comment true, the majority of fans could care less about the other program and don't look at it as any type of rivalry, considering they only meet maybe once every 10-15 years in the NCAA tourney.

 

I get on a UC board every other day and up until this match up, there was rarely ever any mention of UK. Not much mention of X either, to be honest. The majority of the fans are worried about their program, and their program only.

 

Obviously the occasional NCAA tourney meeting or potential match up bring up conversation between the two fan bases, but even though my wife is a die hard UK fan, I can honestly say the only game of theirs that I watched from beginning to end this year was on Saturday.

 

Ohio State is who most UC fans love to hate...just like Louisville is who most UK fans love to hate.

 

I'm sorry I disagree . I grew up in Covington like you and I'm guessing there isn't a huge age difference . I had a group of friends who were both UK and UC fans. There is and was strong trash talking between fans of both programs. UC fans during the Huggins Era were a lot more vocal and talk a lot more and that is where my dislike of the program started.

 

That last game in I believe 2004 was a huge deal in NKY. Everyone has friends or family who roots for both programs. Almost every UC fan I know roots for whatever team UK is playing.

 

It isn't a rivalry in the sense they never play. But growing up in NKY beating UC means more to me than any team not named Louisville because I know more UC fans than any other fan base and I couldn't survive the annoying responses until the next time they played. Luckily since Huggins left UC has been irrelevant on the court and those friends and family are a lot quieter than they were a decade ago.

I'm sorry I disagree . I grew up in Covington like you and I'm guessing there isn't a huge age difference . I had a group of friends who were both UK and UC fans. There is and was strong trash talking between fans of both programs. UC fans during the Huggins Era were a lot more vocal and talk a lot more and that is where my dislike of the program started.

 

That last game in I believe 2004 was a huge deal in NKY. Everyone has friends or family who roots for both programs. Almost every UC fan I know roots for whatever team UK is playing.

 

It isn't a rivalry in the sense they never play. But growing up in NKY beating UC means more to me than any team not named Louisville because I know more UC fans than any other fan base and I couldn't survive the annoying responses until the next time they played. Luckily since Huggins left UC has been irrelevant on the court and those friends and family are a lot quieter than they were a decade ago.

 

UC has been irrelevant on the court? Really? Please explain how.

UC has been irrelevant on the court? Really? Please explain how.

 

Explain to me post Huggins how they have been ?

Explain to me post Huggins how they have been ?

 

First few years were rough but 5 straight NCAA tournament appearances shows things are turning around. A few first round losses but they were in the NCAA and not the NIT. Sweet 16 appearance and two second (third) round losses.

First few years were rough but 5 straight NCAA tournament appearances shows things are turning around. A few first round losses but they were in the NCAA and not the NIT. Sweet 16 appearance and two second (third) round losses.

 

It could turn around and I know it isn't the PC thing to say because of his situation. But Mic did a great job of stabilizing the program I'm just not convinced he is the man to take the next step I could be wrong won't be the last time . I just haven't seen the evidence yet.

 

To your earlier question irrelevant may of been to strong of word I guess it comes down to your definition of relevance. There were a few years at the end of Tubby and during Billy G Era UK wasn't relevant on the national scene .

It could turn around and I know it isn't the PC thing to say because of his situation. But Mic did a great job of stabilizing the program I'm just not convinced he is the man to take the next step I could be wrong won't be the last time . I just haven't seen the evidence yet.

 

To your earlier question irrelevant may of been to strong of word I guess it comes down to your definition of relevance. There were a few years at the end of Tubby and during Billy G Era UK wasn't relevant on the national scene .

 

We'll have to see what happens next year. They return a lot and have a good class coming in. Should be top 25 to start the year and then we can see how things play out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.