Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 64 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Something like 62-47 if everything goes well for Cincinnati."

 

Pretty much...

Turns out the Bearcats were like the other teams on UK's schedule : Just another victim.

It looks like @rockmom was at the game today.

image.jpg

Just watched post game interviews from cincy asst] HC and 2 players...................Ky has no chance of running the table......Ky didnt do anything to win, cincy just missed shots............ky is not physical.............ky gets the calls...............I dont know what they call it in cincy, but UK just played very average and was up 19 with a min to play. WCS had more fouls than reb. KAT was avg today...................I can call it for cincy.........BLIP..............on the journey.

About what I expected, I agree with another that said U.K. needed a game like this one. Was extremely physical, I have No Problem with physical play / hard fouls but #2 in the UC jersey crosses the line. There imo is no place for that kind of play anywhere in college basketball, it's not like it was a one time, one game thing. Ellis is known for it and has been for years but at least we all now know that he likes to show the procedures for taking a mouth piece out then put back in place w/o using hands.

As for the game I thought that UC played about as well as they can. Bearcats play a Very Good Matchup Zone and they are excellent rebounders. When U.K. started hitting some outside shots then it opened up the inside and the Cats took control. K.A. Towns and WCS combined for 37 points. Both obviously played well as well as Lyle basically carrying the U.K. inside game early on. Everyone, once settled in / adjusted to the physical play looked good. I knew that UC would play one of their better games of the season and although I didn't see them every game it looked that way to me.

Bottom Line was U.K. has Better Players that are More Talented and no one can compare with the U.K. depth.

 

36 - 0

 

"Succeed and Proceed " !

Edited by oldrambler

"Thug" "Ellis" "Cincinnati", that's social media right now. Awful.

 

It would take a lot more than a few on court incidents for me to label Ellis as a "thug".

 

He saw something more horrific as a child than many of us will ever see.

 

Right or wrong, a guy who had to go through something like that gets a pass from me.

Ugly game. Very physical. About what I expected.

Shot terrible and gave up way too many rebounds and still won by double digits. I'll take it.

I don't care what your backstory is, Ellis played reckless and there is no room for that. It would be different if this was an isolated incident, but id argue he shouldn't have even suited up today...

It would take a lot more than a few on court incidents for me to label Ellis as a "thug".

 

He saw something more horrific as a child than many of us will ever see.

 

Right or wrong, a guy who had to go through something like that gets a pass from me.

 

No pass from me. Some of us had quite similar experiences and don't act like that

I know I am opening a can of worms here ... but what did Ellis do today that was so bad? Details please.

I know I am opening a can of worms here ... but what did Ellis do today that was so bad? Details please.

Not much honestly. Game was a little chippy and he has a reputation. Easy to single him out.

No pass from me. Some of us had quite similar experiences and don't act like that

 

I thought about you when I posted that....

You're obviously much stronger mentally than he is.

Not much honestly. Game was a little chippy and he has a reputation. Easy to single him out.

 

That's what I am saying. I saw nothing other than someone who wanted to win giving it their all.

That's what I am saying. I saw nothing other than someone who wanted to win giving it their all.

 

I saw a little more than that. I saw a kid who was enjoying the direction the game was going. I feel like he was enjoying the "street fight" that it could have become. I still don't feel like he really did anything outrageous.

 

I don't think he did anything worse than what Harrison was doing when he got the technical.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.