Talk about flooding...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I will explain how when the river rises, the stadium gets water back up. The pipes run to a creek, which leads to the river. When the river rises, the creek rises. When the creek rises, the water backs up needing somewhere to go. Therefore, it backs up onto the baseball and football fields. This is not the first time this has happened, however this is the worst it has happened. So yes, this is from the river.

And now I will explain how when the river rises, the stadium gets water back up. The pipes run to a creek, which leads to the river. When the river rises, the creek rises. When the creek rises, the water backs up needing somewhere to go. Therefore, it backs up onto the baseball and football fields. This is not the first time this has happened, however this is the worst it has happened. So yes, this is from the river.

Gotcha....so why hasn't Bellevue's field flooded?

What does the river level have to do with it? That water couldn't have come from the Ohio River flooding.

I'm not familiar with the area around the stadium, but if there are tributaries near by that flow into the Ohio, they are likely in much worse shape than the Ohio due to the Ohio not allowing them to flow. Again I don't know the area so its just a theory.