The 12th Region: Moving Forward

I fully expect movement amongst the coaching ranks in the 12th before next year.

I also expect more transfers into the region.

This and this. I agree :thumb:

Stearns and Blevins are really good players but they aren't the kind of players who can lead Wayne County to the region championship.

I think Mercer County will be the early favorite with Southwestern. That being said...several teams are just a player or two away and lots can happen between now and then.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people are overlooking Danville. They will be able to play with anyone in the region next year. Boyle will be a good solid team, but in no way can they replace the seniors they will lose. I see Garrard being better, especially if they were to move Crutchfield inside where he can be a real force. Lincoln, solid always but not a contender next year.

I'm sticking with Wayne County as my #1 for now. Lincoln took Mercer to the woodshed the other night, and that has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Danville loses Cody Woolridge, Jaylen Hendren, Trevin Washington, and Trent Johnson. They have a few pieces, but as far as being able to play with anyone in the region, I personally do not see that happening. Garrard has their best chance at success this year with Slade Crutchfield and Nick McCollum becoming seniors, and I can see them contending with Danville and Boyle for the 45th district crown, only time will tell. I sure hope the Golden Lions can make an improvement, 6 wins this year all coming from below .500 teams is a rough way to go.

If Garrard County were to have a true point guard move in, they would be a contender for top 3 or 4 in the region. Crutchfield and McCollum carry that team, but you have to have more in this region. They are just a couple players away from being REALLY good.

I'm sticking with Wayne County as my #1 for now. Lincoln took Mercer to the woodshed the other night, and that has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Danville loses Cody Woolridge, Jaylen Hendren, Trevin Washington, and Trent Johnson. They have a few pieces, but as far as being able to play with anyone in the region, I personally do not see that happening. Garrard has their best chance at success this year with Slade Crutchfield and Nick McCollum becoming seniors, and I can see them contending with Danville and Boyle for the 45th district crown, only time will tell. I sure hope the Golden Lions can make an improvement, 6 wins this year all coming from below .500 teams is a rough way to go.

Their best player was hurt all season and he returns next season. Jakobi Turner along with Spencer McKinney and a more seasoned Jared Southerland will form a nice trio to build around and they will still have some of the top athletes in the area as well. I think the 45th District will be highly competitive from top to bottom next season.

Their best player was hurt all season and he returns next season. Jakobi Turner along with Spencer McKinney and a more seasoned Jared Southerland will form a nice trio to build around and they will still have some of the top athletes in the area as well. I think the 45th District will be highly competitive from top to bottom next season.

It truly will. If someone forced me to pick a favorite in the 45th next year, I would pick Danville. All 4 will be able to win it, which hasn't been the case in a long time. Lincoln seems like they will be down, but how many times have we thought that? They will be fine. Boyle will be just fine with Robbins and Elkins returning, and Garrard will (hopefully) be a contender to win the district. Should be fun!

Southwestern will be solid next season. I think Danny Butt needs to step up and be more consistant, but he still young.

Wayne County will be solid as well, they are losing a huge threat offensively, but in my mind I see Blevins being even better next year as he will get more shot attempts with no Woods to share the ball with. Stearns is my pick for Player of the Year in the 12th region.

Mercer didn't impress me that much against Lincoln but I believe that is a testament to how good Lincoln was. But Mercer played outstanding against Southwestern. The lack of outside shooting will be there for them but Faulkner will only get better as the year progresses.

I think Lincoln, Garrard, Danville, East, and Boyle will make it tough for teams. Each of them has returning players that can win games for a team.

Southwestern with Gover, Butt and Fitzgerald will be no joke. Their JV team was the best JV team I saw all year as well. They'll be right up there with Mercer County battling for 12th Region supremacy. Not to take away anything from Wayne County and Blevins and Stearns but it is hard for two talented players to beat three talented players consistently.

I saw Lincoln's JV beat Southwesterns JV last season. Really good JV game to watch. Lincoln has some young guys that will flat out hustle. With the departure of Lincoln's 7 seniors, those JV kids get their shot next season.

Southwestern loses two seniors but they have the depth from that good JV squad to replace them.

Southwestern will be solid next season. I think Danny Butt needs to step up and be more consistant, but he still young.

Wayne County will be solid as well, they are losing a huge threat offensively, but in my mind I see Blevins being even better next year as he will get more shot attempts with no Woods to share the ball with. Stearns is my pick for Player of the Year in the 12th region.

Mercer didn't impress me that much against Lincoln but I believe that is a testament to how good Lincoln was. But Mercer played outstanding against Southwestern. The lack of outside shooting will be there for them but Faulkner will only get better as the year progresses.

I think Lincoln, Garrard, Danville, East, and Boyle will make it tough for teams. Each of them has returning players that can win games for a team.

I don't see it but he's a heck of a player for sure.

I saw Lincoln's JV beat Southwesterns JV last season. Really good JV game to watch. Lincoln has some young guys that will flat out hustle. With the departure of Lincoln's 7 seniors, those JV kids get their shot next season.

Southwestern loses two seniors but they have the depth from that good JV squad to replace them.

That Lincoln JV team may have been led by Noah Young who this season was the 6th man for the varsity team. Having seen both SW and Lincoln's JV teams this season I give the nod to SW as far as having more total talent. Chase Phillips for Lincoln County is going to be a great player for them.