Everything posted by Porter
-
12th Region Boys Basketball Preview
Why don’t more teams play each other in this region. (I.e., Lincoln vs Somerset)?
-
Warren Central vs. Woodford County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
Woodford looks tired. Lots of one on one with bad shot selection.
-
Pulaski County vs. Lincoln County Predictions/Updates (12th Region Championship)
PC 3. 40-40. LC ball. 21.4 left.
-
Lincoln County 58 Boyle County 53 (45th District Championship)
I agree to this. He played great defense in this game as well. It’s unfortunate for this young man that he isn’t getting the recognition that he has definitely earned.
-
Undefeated Pulaski County
I have seen Pulaski play twice and they were impressive. They have 3-4 solid players on the offensive end and the Travis kid has shown he has the ability to be a lock down defender. They don’t seem to have a deep bench though. They have a tough game at North Laurel next Tuesday. Do they have a chance at remaining undefeated and making a deep run in Rupp?
-
Open Job: Lincoln County
This would be a great hire.
-
Open Job: Lincoln County
Nope, just my opinion.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Boys Basketball Week 8 Rankings and Review
You nailed it with this comment. They definitely need to push the ball. They are best when Colton and Evan are making jumpers because the other two have struggled.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Boys Basketball Week 8 Rankings and Review
These two teams have a lot of historical matchups when a district or regional championship is on the line. This year will probably add another one to that list. LC showed me that they struggling stopping Imfeld, his a big time playmaker. But I agree LC has the better team, just who’s going to step up and make that last shot to win the game for them?
-
BluegrassPreps.com 12th Region Boys Basketball Week 8 Rankings and Review
Pulaski is the team to beat. Lincoln and Boyle both have a chance to compete for the regional title, but they have to go through PC. Lincoln is struggling to find out who is the leader of that team. Even contribution me from there top 4 is impressive but I don’t think it helps you win a regional title. Boyle arguably has the best player in the region with Imfeld but if a team can contain him, BC is very beatable. Imfeld vs Travis will be a fun matchup when BC and PC meet in Feb.
-
Boyle County 43 Lincoln County 40
Lincoln is always patient, but Boyle played really good defense in the second half. Which caused Lincoln to be inefficient. Lincoln played good defense in the first half… and as others have said, Imfeld took over in the second half and was clearly the best player on the floor.
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
F9. BC wins 6-5.
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
E-6, 1&2nd. Two outs.
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
RBI single for Hazlewood. 6-5. Two outs.
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
2 outs.
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
Top 7. Runner on 2nd. 1 out for MC
-
12 Region Boyle/Mercer
Bottom 6, BC 6 - MC 4.
-
Casey County/Rockcastle County predictions
This will be a physical game. I like Rock at home.
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
Cothren had some great players last season and didn't do much with them. I expected more out of a team with two of the best scorers in the region, decent big man as point guard and a decent bench.
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
Isn't this true for other states as well?
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
Congrats to Casey and Stallworth. I think his team has not played up to their potentional this season but it seems coach has them playing better. I've watched that junior class play since they were in 6th.
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
Not sure I agree playing a kid that isn't 50% healthy. Especially if he is seeing double. An ankle injury could get worse by playing on it.
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
I agree with the maturity statement. I see it often in the 12th region, more often in the PC area. They are good players but it seems surrounding schools end up catching up to their maturity.
-
Casey County 74 Pulaski County 64 (47th district semi-finals)
Keep those of us that can't make it posted if you can.
-
Owen County 56 Kentucky Country Day 49 (All"A" State 1st Rd.)
Good game. Refs let me play. Too much Williams.