Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren Central vs. Woodford County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Warren Central vs. Woodford County 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Warren Central
      65%
    • Woodford County
      34%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 03/19/2023 at 03:06 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This should be a good one. I think that most thought going in that Warren Central was probably the favorite but Woodford is playing it's best ball of the season. The game is scheduled for 11:00am.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    He fouled on a rebound attempt, and must’ve said the magic words because they T’d him up with no hesitation.  I’m not even mad about that.  The little incident with the scorer blowing the horn af

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    Just the second matchup between these two teams ever.  The first was December 30th, 1991, a 63-49 win for Warren Central at Edmonson County in the Caveland Classic.  Dragon HC Will Unseld was a senior

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    Honestly this is the first game in the tournament I fear.  I was hoping Woodford County would drop one of the first two games, just because I felt stronger about the matchup advantages with Jeffersont

Just the second matchup between these two teams ever.  The first was December 30th, 1991, a 63-49 win for Warren Central at Edmonson County in the Caveland Classic.  Dragon HC Will Unseld was a senior on that team - he scored nine in the game.

Honestly this is the first game in the tournament I fear.  I was hoping Woodford County would drop one of the first two games, just because I felt stronger about the matchup advantages with Jeffersontown or Elizabethtown.  I do feel if Warren Central plays their game and does what they should, then they will win, but Woodford is a very dangerous team.  We still haven't seen Johnson really play his best, and if he's on, that'll make them extremely potent.  I'll be interested to see how the Dragons deal with McCrear's defense, and if they can continue to dominate the boards.  I feel like Warren Central is the pick, but this will be the first game of the tournament I'll go into with my heart beating a bit faster.

Looking forward to this one. My gut tells me Warren Central, but boy would I love an 8th Region team in the championship for the first time in FOREVER!

The last State Champion to come out of the 8th Region was Scott County in 1998, whom is no longer in the region. 

The last champion from the 8th that was a team currently in the region was Shelby County in 1978. 

These are also the same years for any team from the 8th to even make it to the championship game. 

I believe this is the toughest matchup WC has faced the entire tournament.  I also believe this is the best possible matchup for them based on the teams that are left.  I think Woodford keeps it single digits, but that is about it.  WC pulls away in the second half.  WC is just too consistent and deep to loss this one.  I also think WC defense can keep Jasper from going off.  Defense and rebounding will be key and I think WC wins it 60-51. 

1 hour ago, FatNate said:

I believe this is the toughest matchup WC has faced the entire tournament.  I also believe this is the best possible matchup for them based on the teams that are left.  I think Woodford keeps it single digits, but that is about it.  WC pulls away in the second half.  WC is just too consistent and deep to loss this one.  I also think WC defense can keep Jasper from going off.  Defense and rebounding will be key and I think WC wins it 60-51. 

They are both WC, I agree a WC will win 

Dragons want to exact revenge from last year's title game. That quest continues after a 6 point win over Woodford

Warren Central leads 7-2 with 5:29 left in the first.  Walkup has five for Warren Central.  Woodford County has already had to use two timeouts.

Warren Central leads 10-6 at the media timeout with 2:36 left in the first. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.