Campbell County 70 Scott 26 (37th District Finals)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to show up for the district final. Scott is a young team that can light up the scoreboard, apparently only when they want to. I don't have a dog in this fight but it's just very disappointing for the Eagles. As up and down as they are, they may shock the world when they face Mason County, Pendleton County or Paris. But they would be hard to bet on.

Did Ohmer get his 1000th point?

65 point turnaround from the game at the BOKC.

Wilson or no Wilson that is rather incomprehendible!

Scott could have the last laugh yet. Should Campbell and Mason draw on the same side, that would leave Scott to face Pendleton or Paris, and they might just find themselves in the finals. Mason County reminds me a LOT of Campbell County, so I'm thinking that the Eagles wouldn't fare well on the Mason County side of the bracket.

Edited by Mustang

Wow! Was cc that good tonight or Scott that bad?

Mostly about Campbell being good IMO.

Camels were intense, particularly on the the defensive side of the ball. Wilson blocked or altered a bunch of shots in the 1st half & Scott just never got any rhythm going offensively.

Wilson was also dominant on the offensive end, having his way on either block. Trent McGovney had a nice game for the Camels as well.

Campbell looked like the intense group that won the Region last year. Seemed a completely different team from the one I saw in January.

37th District All-Tournament Team:

Calvary Christian - Justin Wade

Silver Grove - Billy Miller

Brossart - Spencer Hackworth

Scott - Darian Witherspoon, Jake Ohmer

Campbell Co - Blake Losey, Dre Jackson, and MVP - Matt Wilson

I would have kind of liked to see Trent McGovney on there from Campbell County. He hit three BIG threes tonight early when the game was still a game, and he gets the Camels up and down the floor effectively. Without him out there the Camels become very turnover prone.

Mostly about Campbell being good IMO.

Camels were intense, particularly on the the defensive side of the ball. Wilson blocked or altered a bunch of shots in the 1st half & Scott just never got any rhythm going offensively.

Wilson was also dominant on the offensive end, having his way on either block. Trent McGovney had a nice game for the Camels as well.

Campbell looked like the intense group that won the Region last year. Seemed a completely different team from the one I saw in January.

By the time Wilson scored, the game was already in hand. I believe he was scoreless in the 1st quarter. Just the perfect storm for CC. Wilson's a handful, especially when you have defend with a 6'1 center.

Congratulations to the Camels....... Camels just never let Scott get anything going. Scott tried to spread the floor and pull Wilson away from the basket, but the Camels defense was smothering tonight. Good luck to both in the region.