ESPN Feature: The Most Successful Sports Gambler

JokersWild24

Thought below, especially in light of Adam Silver's recent stance on sports gaming, was quite interesting.

Walters repeatedly voices frustration over what he says are draconian laws that drive a massive market of betting dollars to poorly regulated offshore locales. "Why don't we license this thing?" Walters says. "Why don't we regulate it? Why don't we keep the bad guys out? Why don't we generate some jobs?

"Everybody in this country bets on sports," he continues. "If you were to take away the office pools, fantasy pools, people betting on sports, I guarantee the [TV] viewership would be cut in less than half."

Some of the greatest conversations I've enjoyed in my life have been with former pro athletes or pro gamblers or card players. When they open and feel comfortable enough to tell some background stuff it's pretty cool. I'd love to interview or write a book if they'd truly open up.

Is it just me or is the fact that this guy has beaten so many federal investigations more impressive than the amount of career winnings he has?

I just say that because typically things don't go well for people who are the target of a Federal investigation. Things really don't go well for people who are the target of a second one after they've beaten the first.

Adam Silver is being very disingenuous. He is in favor of it as long as the NBA gets a piece, if not, count them out.

This is similar to Vegas being against online gaming. They were unprepared for it. Their lobby won out and it allowed them to build their own online brands. Now they are for it, imagine that?