Dunbar 66 Lafayette 62

Thought so, thanks!! To bad this will probably be the last year of seeding in this brutal district.

Yep, & I dont agree with it one bit. Play great & you should earn a high seed, without seeding you have a chance @ the best 2 teams meeting in the 4/5 game (which happened when this district was a blind draw a couple times in multiple sports)

Its sad that selfishness & suits get to make these decisions. When I was in my previous positions I never was shy about playing another team. We will either win or lose with what we have & that is that. I always liked playing everyone so you knew what you were up against. Scouting a team is one thing, playing a team is a whole different ballgame. ;)

If I'm not being too intrusive, what is the rationale behind voting to draw?

I ask because usually the districts who draw typically have 1-2 huge schools and the rest are smaller schools (or at least you could substitute 'huge' and 'smaller' with 'traditionally successful' and 'traditionally aren't successful'). One of the only reasons I could see for the change is if was motivated by Lexington Catholic wanting to end the agreement with the publics, thus negating the games with them you'd have to play (or possibly forfeit) for seeding purposes.

I don't really see the rationale behind any of the schools voting to draw otherwise. If you are Dunbar, Lafayette, and Tates Creek, you are big schools with a fair amount of talent in your programs in any given year. If you're Catholic, you have your brand and reputation. If you are LCA, who a few years ago, it would have made the most sense to be the school favoring a draw, then I don't see why you'd want to change it now that your program is on the way up and you seem to have a good young coach in place.

If I'm not being too intrusive, what is the rationale behind voting to draw?

I ask because usually the districts who draw typically have 1-2 huge schools and the rest are smaller schools (or at least you could substitute 'huge' and 'smaller' with 'traditionally successful' and 'traditionally aren't successful'). One of the only reasons I could see for the change is if was motivated by Lexington Catholic wanting to end the agreement with the publics, thus negating the games with them you'd have to play (or possibly forfeit) for seeding purposes.

I don't really see the rationale behind any of the schools voting to draw otherwise. If you are Dunbar, Lafayette, and Tates Creek, you are big schools with a fair amount of talent in your programs in any given year. If you're Catholic, you have your brand and reputation. If you are LCA, who a few years ago, it would have made the most sense to be the school favoring a draw, then I don't see why you'd want to change it now that your program is on the way up and you seem to have a good young coach in place.

Here is the quick simple version, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Lexington Catholic has asked to be removed from the agreement between the public schools in Fayette County and the private schools in Fayette County. The agreement states that if a student in grades 9-12 transfers from a public school to a private school or vice versa, that student must sit out of athletics for a calendar year regardless of reason for transferring.

The way I understand it, the headmaster at Lexington Catholic seems to think this agreement is hurting their enrollment. I may not have all the facts correct but that's how it was presented to me. This has caused the other private schools in Lexington, Sayre and LCA, to also want to cancel the agreement.

If the agreement is cancelled the overall feeling around the city is that Fayette County public schools will reinstitute the boycott of playing the private schools that had taken place starting in the early 90s I believe.

One thing I want to make known is this is not a school by school decision but a Fayette County Public Schools choice. I know for a fact most schools in the city would want to continue playing the private schools. But if a decision is made by the higher ups not to then it is out of each individual schools controls.

So if they don't play in the regular season the only choice the district tournaments have is to draw sadly.

Im familiar with all that just not sure how Lafayette would have a tie breaker over Lexington Catholic if they split during the regular season.

I thought head-to-head meant first the won-loss record, then if won-loss was equal look to points differential, which goes to Lafayette. Correct me if I'm wrong, just what I thought.

Here is the quick simple version, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Lexington Catholic has asked to be removed from the agreement between the public schools in Fayette County and the private schools in Fayette County. The agreement states that if a student in grades 9-12 transfers from a public school to a private school or vice versa, that student must sit out of athletics for a calendar year regardless of reason for transferring.

The way I understand it, the headmaster at Lexington Catholic seems to think this agreement is hurting their enrollment. I may not have all the facts correct but that's how it was presented to me. This has caused the other private schools in Lexington, Sayre and LCA, to also want to cancel the agreement.

If the agreement is cancelled the overall feeling around the city is that Fayette County public schools will reinstitute the boycott of playing the private schools that had taken place starting in the early 90s I believe.

One thing I want to make known is this is not a school by school decision but a Fayette County Public Schools choice. I know for a fact most schools in the city would want to continue playing the private schools. But if a decision is made by the higher ups not to then it is out of each individual schools controls.

So if they don't play in the regular season the only choice the district tournaments have is to draw sadly.

Gotcha. That makes sense and was kind of the understanding I had.

Might be something that's out of the hands of the individual schools and kind of left up to the Lexington-Fayette Publics as a whole (or at least a deal where it's up to the majority of them and everyone else has to go with it).

Are the schools bound by any kind of contractual agreement or is it just one of those things where you could do what you wanted as an individual school, but in doing so, you'd be the odd-man out and doing it against the majority's wishes?

I thought head-to-head meant first the won-loss record, then if won-loss was equal look to points differential, which goes to Lafayette. Correct me if I'm wrong, just what I thought.

if it isnt specifically spelled out in the submitted paperwork then it wont matter.

The way it is written is that if both teams finished lets say 4-4 but LexCath was 2-0 against Lafayette then their respective head to head meetings would determine the seed.

since they are 1-1 against each other, then it will go to a coin flip @ that point. if they are fighting for the 2/3 seed then its six in one hand & a half dozen in the other (all it will determine is what uniform you wear & what bench you sit on) It becomes real interesting if it determines the 3/4 seed; play one game to get into the Region, or play 2 games.

Gotcha. That makes sense and was kind of the understanding I had.

Might be something that's out of the hands of the individual schools and kind of left up to the Lexington-Fayette Publics as a whole (or at least a deal where it's up to the majority of them and everyone else has to go with it).

Are the schools bound by any kind of contractual agreement or is it just one of those things where you could do what you wanted as an individual school, but in doing so, you'd be the odd-man out and doing it against the majority's wishes?

JokersWild24, I can guarantee it is out of the hands of the individual schools. If they go with the "ban" the only way they would play would be in a regular season tourney that the other school is participating in, or the post season.

JokersWild24, I can guarantee it is out of the hands of the individual schools. If they go with the "ban" the only way they would play would be in a regular season tourney that the other school is participating in, or the post season.

This is correct. I know for a fact if a public school in Lexington wanted to play a private school, Fayette County Public Schools would not allow it to happen. Unless, like Johnny_Utah said, it was in a regular season tournament or the postseason.