Free Throws-- Does This Bother Anyone Else???

Free throw shooter has 2 shots. Makes the first. Everyone steps in to give him a high five, usually having the shooter move from his position. Is it just me, or should more coaches tell their kids to let someone who has just hit one stand in their same place and get the ball back as quickly as possible?

Free throw shooter has 2 shots. Makes the first. Everyone steps in to give him a high five, usually having the shooter move from his position. Is it just me, or should more coaches tell their kids to let someone who has just hit one stand in their same place and get the ball back as quickly as possible?

You are probably on to something. But it's become a culture now.

Free throw shooter has 2 shots. Makes the first. Everyone steps in to give him a high five' date=' usually having the shooter move from his position. Is it just me, or should more coaches tell their kids to let someone who has just hit one stand in their same place and get the ball back as quickly as possible?[/quote']

Most common thing that people do to miss a free throw is fade away from the basket & begin stepping away too soon. Stepping into the lane discourages that, so it doesn't bother me at all.