Highlands 2015

Ram

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are telling me that the qb position doesn't concern you even a little bit?

I have never seen Hergott play and hope he is really good. It sounds like he has the tools - body and arm - to be fine. I will admit I am concerned only because of what I have heard from others. I think this is the first time in 15-20 years where the HHS faithful have genuine concern about the "next" QB at HHS.

Bahahahaha you are so far off with your rationale, that's is funny. Did you read what you typed before you posted? Do you know where his parents went to school? Do you know where his older brother went to school? Do you know where they grew up? Funny stuff right there my friend.

I guess my question is why do you think Beechwood's recent success or lack there of against Mayfield have caused some to not attend school there? Oh my, tons of questions.

Yes I did read what I typed before I posted. The top portion was what Colonels Wear Blue posted. Scroll back towards the beginning. I don't want to belabor this point, just find it comical how someone takes an opportunity to throw out that Beechwood's recent record against Mayfield has tarnished their reputation, while inquiring where a kid grew up and insinuating that a kid would not play for his uncle because the schools reputation is tarnished. Then go on and act like they didn't mean anything by it. Just tired of folks that are clueless throwing their "butt darts" out there and back peddling when called out.

Sounds to me like we are on the same page with this.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I have great faith that Austin Hergott will play quarterback.

1. He is a large young man. He will be a load to bring down when he runs the ball in this balanced attack.

2. He has more experience at QB than all the other contenders combined.

3. He will finally be throwing to the top shelf receivers which will make him look better and increase his confidence. In the balanced offense of a short passing set, his receivers will be open for shorter throws.

4. The fact that his o-line should be better than average will take pressure off him in the passing game.

5. Under center 4th and 1 will equal 1st and 10.

I see this as his job into and through spring ball. If he is not the QB, he would be the best tight end in NKY.

Saw him @ the Armory last week, I'm 6'3 and I had to look up to him. Huge kid that I would say is at least 6'5 225. I think him knowing that he is QB#1 going into this year will help him tremendously.

I know when i seen him at a SK football game this past season he looked smaller than 6'5 220.

I have great faith that Austin Hergott will play quarterback.

1. He is a large young man. He will be a load to bring down when he runs the ball in this balanced attack.

2. He has more experience at QB than all the other contenders combined.

3. He will finally be throwing to the top shelf receivers which will make him look better and increase his confidence. In the balanced offense of a short passing set, his receivers will be open for shorter throws.

4. The fact that his o-line should be better than average will take pressure off him in the passing game.

5. Under center 4th and 1 will equal 1st and 10.

I see this as his job into and through spring ball. If he is not the QB, he would be the best tight end in NKY.

Agree on 1-5.

Disagree on him playing TE and sure would have liked to have seen him play some TE last year after Senior TE Jack Telek went down in the Trinity scrimmage and was lost for the year.

Yes I did read what I typed before I posted. The top portion was what Colonels Wear Blue posted. Scroll back towards the beginning. I don't want to belabor this point, just find it comical how someone takes an opportunity to throw out that Beechwood's recent record against Mayfield has tarnished their reputation, while inquiring where a kid grew up and insinuating that a kid would not play for his uncle because the schools reputation is tarnished. Then go on and act like they didn't mean anything by it. Just tired of folks that are clueless throwing their "butt darts" out there and back peddling when called out.

Sounds to me like we are on the same page with this.

Feel free to show me where I back peddled. And as for being clueless...well...whatever you say, indy. Whatever you say.

Saw him @ the Armory last week, I'm 6'3 and I had to look up to him. Huge kid that I would say is at least 6'5 225. I think him knowing that he is QB#1 going into this year will help him tremendously.

and the other part...205/210? :thumb:

That's a big kid! How does he add up size-wise to the QB's in the last couple of seasons?

• 2 weeks later...