Highlands 2015

Ram

Will they be the only ones toting the rock? Durability would be my concern if they get overworked. Might hhs go to a 2 back set? Murray may play defense or could pulsfort move to wideout? Oh the questions and speculation.

I would love to see HHS continue to use 2 back sets like they did this past year; there are just so many creative things you can do out of 2 back sets. Hopefully, Murray can stay healthy. I love the way he plays...very, very aggressive and tough. I know he is working very hard to put the weight/muscle he lost when he broke his collarbone this past season back on.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will see a lot more running the football next year with Kendall and Murray. Hergott has the build at QB but will need to prove himself on the field as a Varsity starter.

There are a few spots on the O-Line that will need to be filled and should be interesting to see who grows/gets heavier between now and July.

Your guess is as good as mine. Mine is complete speculation based on last season. Never know at HHS. A defensive player might move to RB like Urlage did last year. Here is a crazy scenario: Beal at WR. He has proved he can advance the ball in space (StX and Oboro interceptions for 6). With that many athletes, there are a lot of options.

Won't happen....IMO! Same reason why Beau Hoge was declined to move to the Defensive Backfield his Jr year. As good as Beal could be on Offense, they have a abundance of WR's coming back including adding Sophmores Braiden Posey and Nick Venneman to a already very speedy group. The big Question Mark is QB....Will Austin Hergott be able to grasp a very IMO complicated read(based) Offense? It's not something that you just step in and roll with it. Beau Hoge was the exception because of his overall Football I.Q.

The DB's is something that will also be a big Question Mark next year. I have heard that Baseballer and former Highlands Football player Connor Kreeger might be coming back out to play his Sr year. Wow, that would be nice! Spring Football should be entertaining with some kids that normally haven't been there in years past and should provide some nice insight to what to expect for the 2015 Season....

Won't happen....IMO! Same reason why Beau Hoge was declined to move to the Defensive Backfield his Jr year. As good as Beal could be on Offense, they have a abundance of WR's coming back including adding Sophmores Braiden Posey and Nick Venneman to a already very speedy group. The big Question Mark is QB....Will Austin Hergott be able to grasp a very IMO complicated read(based) Offense? It's not something that you just step in and roll with it. Beau Hoge was the exception because of his overall Football I.Q.

The DB's is something that will also be a big Question Mark next year. I have heard that Baseballer and former Highlands Football player Connor Kreeger might be coming back out to play his Sr year. Wow, that would be nice! Spring Football should be entertaining with some kids that normally haven't been there in years past and should provide some nice insight to what to expect for the 2015 Season....

I only see film and have less knowledge of their actual offense than many. But it looks like one of the simplest offenses around, they just execute it at a high level, because they do keep it simple. Zone read is not hard to teach or complicated, remember about 20 years ago almost every team was "reading" the last man on the line of scrimmage.

I just hope there is a field to have spring practice on!!!

I would never expect Beal to move to WR for all the reasons you noted. I was just musing that it would be interesting to see him have the ball in space with more regularity than getting interceptions.

Curious what kids will be at Spring Football that have not normally been there in years past?