Highlands 2015

Ram

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest question marks for 2015 will be at QB and D Line IMHO.

We have heard of the question at quarterback. Who is in the running for the position. If you can list the quarterbacks and their year of school.

Rising Sr Austin Hergott is the likely successor to Beau Hoge. There are 4 rising Jrs who saw some action at QB last season.

Several very talented skill position players on offense return lead by rising Srs WR Mitchell Cain, RB Nick Kendall, and WR Chandler New and Eric Miller. 3 starting O Lineman also return lead by rising Srs Bo Hebel at guard, Evan Richardson at center and Carson Haas at tackle. Hebel's pancake ratio was off the charts last season. Hebel will be one of if not the top lineman in the state next season.

Jeez, can't remember when we've had that many returning O-line! Coach Turner won't know what to do with himself next year. :D Seriously, that's a good start to having a decent offense.

You are correct. When deciding how a team will be, I always look at the returning OL first.

Jeez, can't remember when we've had that many returning O-line! Coach Turner won't know what to do with himself next year. :D Seriously, that's a good start to having a decent offense.

2009 I believe was the last year we had 3 O linemen returning as starters.

Hopefully, since the new Zone blocking technique has been implemented by Coach Wayne Hall and perfected by Coach Turner it will now allow Coach Hall to move back over to Defense :thumb:

Rising Sr Austin Hergott is the likely successor to Beau Hoge. There are 4 rising Jrs who saw some action at QB last season.

Several very talented skill position players on offense return lead by rising Srs WR Mitchell Cain, RB Nick Kendall, and WR Chandler New and Eric Miller. 3 starting O Lineman also return lead by rising Srs Bo Hebel at guard, Evan Richardson at center and Carson Haas at tackle. Hebel's pancake ratio was off the charts last season. Hebel will be one of if not the top lineman in the state next season.

Don't forget Pulsfort at RB

Don't forget Pulsfort at RB

Kendall, Pulsfort, and Murry will carry the load at RB. All three run hard. I also love that they are good blockers.

The o-line came together well last year moving from man to zone blocking. Once they understood the scheme and bought in, running the ball became fun. It will be interesting to see who steps up to replace Gall and Bunning. There will be a bunch of guys hungry to fill those spots. HHS developed a more balanced offense last year. I see HHS running the ball just as much in 2015.

Kendall, Pulsfort, and Murry will carry the load at RB. All three run hard. I also love that they are good blockers.

The o-line came together well last year moving from man to zone blocking. Once they understood the scheme and bought in, running the ball became fun. It will be interesting to see who steps up to replace Gall and Bunning. There will be a bunch of guys hungry to fill those spots. HHS developed a more balanced offense last year. I see HHS running the ball just as much in 2015.

Will they be the only ones toting the rock? Durability would be my concern if they get overworked. Might hhs go to a 2 back set? Murray may play defense or could pulsfort move to wideout? Oh the questions and speculation.

Will they be the only ones toting the rock? Durability would be my concern if they get overworked. Might hhs go to a 2 back set? Murray may play defense or could pulsfort move to wideout? Oh the questions and speculation.

Your guess is as good as mine. Mine is complete speculation based on last season. Never know at HHS. A defensive player might move to RB like Urlage did last year. Here is a crazy scenario: Beal at WR. He has proved he can advance the ball in space (StX and Oboro interceptions for 6). With that many athletes, there are a lot of options.

Highlands has gone very deep at the receiver position the last few years. Guys you don't expect this time of the year step up and make themselves known every year. I think that will happen next year. I'm also confident Hergott will work hard and be prepared to take over at QB.