Dixie Heights 55 St. Henry 49

Why would you say that ?

Give him one Danny.

Sounds a bit like an anticipation foul being called from being overly sensitized from past experience.

A little gun shy, if you will.

Don't think ennam_iv was buying into the idea that these two teams were as close as the final score would suggest.

Forgive, forget, shake hands, kiss and make up, carry on.

No fee or co-pays being charged for my professional mediation psychological services.

This one's on me.

Your welcome.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie (8-4) – Schreck 4 7 16, Rabe 5 1 13, Hedger 6 1 13, Niehaus 1 1 4, Moore 2 0 4, Meyer 0 3 3, Isbel 2 0 2. Totals 19 13 55.

St. Henry (6-6) – Goetz 6 0 16, Kenney 3 0 7, Kunstek 2 0 5, Green 2 1 5, Lyons 2 0 5, Wallenhorst 2 0 4, Lanning 1 0 3, Myers 1 0 2, Williams 1 0 2. Totals 20 1 49.

Halftime: Dixie 29-20. 3-pointers: Dixie 4 (Rabe 2, Niehaus, Schreck), St. Henry 8 (Goetz 4, Lyons, Lanning, Kunstek, Kenney).

Did Hedger and Kunstek go at it stong in the post?

They went at each other pretty hard. First time I'd seen Hedger this year. Best I've seen him play over the last few years. He was getting good positon on the low block. Crusaders would try to swim around him when the pass came his way. St.Henry didn't get the ball inside much last night. Dixie played strong defensively.

So two questions still need to be answered for the curious like me.

1. What did Coach Faust do?

2. Why didn't the two big boys for Cru play the 4th qtr?

1. Have no idea. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The poster who brought this up will have to address this.

2. Once again, no idea. Maybe just to light a fire under them for future games. St.Henry was probably down 16 or so when the switch was made and the small group did create some havoc.

First off, St Henry was never in the game. If Rabe does not get hurt its a 20+ win for Dixie. When he was guarding Goetz, Goetz did not score.

Once Rabe went out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter a few things happened.

1.) St Henry started to press

2.) St Henry coach put in a "goon squad" (classic hockey move)... that's why the 2 bigs were out... I was sitting right behind the St Henry coach and could hear him... he was telling his guys to give the hard fouls, but to not get the intentional

3) the refs switched the way they were calling the game... they were calling super tight fouls in the first half, but then started letting St Henry get away with "hack-a-shaq"... the refs really started holding their whistles and multiple Dixie players were getting hit in the face and even knocked down...

4) I don't know why, but Dixie went to a 2-3 zone after Rabe went out... St Henry has no real speed, nor the athletes to hurt Dixie in a M2M... but Dixie played zone and gave up too many open 3s... St Henry hit a goofy amount of them

Again, I came away less impressed with the Cru... Dixie at full strength beats them by 20+

One last thing... several parents and players saw the St Henry player laughing as he walked away from Rabe while he was on the floor hurt and crying

St. Henry lost to Dixie by 6' date=' Campbell by 5, & Holmes by 4. Their only lopsided loss was to CovCath.[/quote']

We have to be careful in using scores to determine how good a team is. This game seems to be a perfect example.