Why doesn't KY produce any Legendary HS B-ball Players like in the 70's and 80's

This may sound weird, and I may be completely wrong, but here is my thought. With better training, year round leagues, etc, I think players in general are better. The separation between the top and the bottom has lessened. Coaches are also implementing more sophisticated sets, both offensively and defensively. As a result, I think it's much harder to be a star now, and dominate. Not that I'm saying the legends of the past weren't great players, but I think it was easier to be great 20 years ago than it is now. I think that may explain why many of the past high school greats became just average or flamed out in college. It's harder to be great in a deeper, more talented, better coached pool.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will tell you who could play was Dwayne Morton from central back in late 80's. He was on my Ky jr all-star team. I threw Dwayne a lob from half court out in Vegas tourny that I will never forget. Terrible pass but he caught it seemed like at top cornor of the back board and slammed it home. We played Damon Bailey and Eric Montross in Vegas that summer among others. They was monsters playing together on same team. We use to scrimmage the sr all star team with Allan Houston and Travis Ford. Fun stuff. Andy pennick from PRP could also play.