North Laurel will have a new QB in 2006

To the young man sit and think long and hard about what your about to do I know you have heard this alot. but this is something you need to do there is only one sr. year and you are a very good player think about the joy you had playing this game and the joy of friday nights and being with your teammates and there is only one chance left its a great game and young men like you don't need to let it get a way. I do not no the issue but try and work it out from a football fan.:thumb:

I hate to see Trae give up the game too. He is a great kid and fine football player. I have seen him play and he does have a lot of ability.

I don't know if he reads BGP, but I will be sure and tell his family that he / the really ought to read this. Very kind words from both of you!

...he had just lost his love for the game and wasn't enjoying it anymore.

I don't know all the details of the situation, but if it's really just "lost his love for the game..." I know something he'll also not enjoy later...

...the fact that he gave up on something and will NEVER know how it might've turned out -- not only for HIMSELF, but for his TEAMMATES too who maybe could've accomplished more with him.

So there'll likely be REGRET AND GUILT for this decision.

I've read that a lot of marriages between men and women that fail are due to the fact that after a few years of marriage they (and everybody else to some extent) lose that initial "emotional spark" from the starry-eyed beginning of the relationship...then when a problem or two arises, they don't have that "emotional want-to" to work through the hard times. So, they give up due to "falling out of love."

Often they say, these people live a life of regret...because they find out that ANY relationship loses the "emotional" somewhat, and all of them require toughing out the hard times. And by the time they figure it out, they've likely already lost the ONE best hope they had at a great relationship.

Here's hoping this young man re-thinks his decision with ALL the CONSEQUENCES in mind before it's too late (luckily, he's still got TIME on his side).