North Laurel will have a new QB in 2006

I was just informed by a friend that NL QB Trae Stuber has quit the football team. A family member said that he had just lost his love for the game and wasn't enjoying it anymore. I hate to see a kid leave just before his senior season, but good luck to him.

This opens the door for either Justin Jones (soph), Tommy Lawson (sr) or a potential transfer to take the reins of the NL offense for the 2006 season. It should be an interesting competition for the job.

This wouldn't be the O'Neil kid from South Laurel would it?

Possibly. The rumor has been that his family is moving, but who knows how much credibility rumors have.

I hate to hear this, knowing his family and all I'm sure they will miss it just as much. I'm sure they were looking for him to help lead the team next year.

I know the family as well and have spoken to some of them. They are disappointed that they won't get to see him play his senior season. But kids have to make their own choices. I just hope he doesn't regret it later. My guess is he probably will.

So will this kid have to sit out 2 years or is that only for Private schools?

If it is a legit move, I don't see any issue here. I thought it was one year but if that was the case, he will be a senior and it would be a moot point. But what I was told was that they were actually moving and their new residence would be in the North district.

I think the surprising thing is that a senior to be has walked away from a game I am told he always loved to play in the past. But if his love for the game is truly not there anymore, it is probably the right decision. I just hate to see any kid make a decision like this that he will more than likely see as a mistake years down the road. I know that the family is disappointed that they will miss his senior year. It is kind of like running a marathon, getting to the final 100 yards, and deciding not to finish the race.

I understand from someone very close to the situation that Head Coach David Abbott has handled this situation very well and they had nothing but good things to say about his character. If he can handle this kind of situation well, then he will be able to build a solid program at North Laurel.

I hate to hear this. Saw him play his sophomore year and he really impressed me...with skills at the age. Many kids make these choices and then later in life regret them....Hope to hear he will return , was looking forward to watching him play again this year.

I hate to hear this. Saw him play his sophomore year and he really impressed me...with skills at the age. Many kids make these choices and then later in life regret them....Hope to hear he will return , was looking forward to watching him play again this year.

Those are very kind words. I will pass that on to the family when I see them.

Let's hope NL keeps the door open for this young man. Sometimes we just push so hard it become more of a job than a game. In many cases, a little time off to clear the head works wonders, especially for a kid who has shown such a passion for the game in the past. I wish him well with whatever he does.

Let's hope NL keeps the door open for this young man. Sometimes we just push so hard it become more of a job than a game. In many cases, a little time off to clear the head works wonders, especially for a kid who has shown such a passion for the game in the past. I wish him well with whatever he does.

I was told that the doors will remain open if he opts to change his mind. A classy move by the coaches at North. Too many coaches forget that these are teenage kids who sometimes make mistakes, from what I am being told, they have not forgotten that fact.

People that truely "love the game" just don't up a quit. There has to be some other reason why Trae Stuber has quit the team. I know a lot of people quit because of how much time it takes up, or it could be of a bad relationship in the locker room or anything. There has to be some other factor to his reasoning.

People that truely "love the game" just don't up a quit. There has to be some other reason why Trae Stuber has quit the team. I know a lot of people quit because of how much time it takes up, or it could be of a bad relationship in the locker room or anything. There has to be some other factor to his reasoning.

You have played against him and may even know him. You should just ask him yourself. I am sure, based on what I have been told, that if he left with no hard feelings towards anyone or none towards him, he should have no problem answering what his reasoning was in making this decision. I can only tell you what I know and I have heard no other reasons for his departure. If there is more to the story, I haven't heard it.

To the young man sit and think long and hard about what your about to do I know you have heard this alot. but this is something you need to do there is only one sr. year and you are a very good player think about the joy you had playing this game and the joy of friday nights and being with your teammates and there is only one chance left its a great game and young men like you don't need to let it get a way. I do not no the issue but try and work it out from a football fan.:thumb: