Manual 86 Ashland 36

How many shots did he take? Turnovers did he have?

I'm more concerned with the ZERO trips to Rupp during his tenure at Ashland...and the many good players he has ran off from playing basketball. Sorry if I'm not impressed with being a runner-up at just about everything for nearly a decade.

I'm more concerned with the ZERO trips to Rupp during his tenure at Ashland...and the many good players he has ran off from playing basketball. Sorry if I'm not impressed with being a runner-up at just about everything for nearly a decade.

Wow, I'm glad you posted it. Who has he ran off? I'd like to hear that list. Frankly, he's benefitted from transfers stemming back to the Rose Hill explosion, to the Dixson influx, and now there are no more transfers. So what, or whom in this case, am I missing?

As for this squad, Coach K ain't taking this bunch to Rupp unless they buy a ticket. Sometimes you just don't have the players.

Edited by spindoc

Wow, I'm glad you posted it. Who has he ran off? I'd like to hear that list. Frankly, he's benefitted from transfers stemming back to the Rose Hill explosion, to the Dixson influx, and now there are no more transfers. So what, or whom in this case, am I missing?

As for this squad, Coach K ain't taking this bunch to Rupp unless they buy a ticket. Sometimes you just don't have the players.

I could post a list of names of students who have chosen not to play for Biggs, many names might not be known because after their 8th grade or freshman season they didn't play again. It would be a pretty good list. Even when he did have the players...McDavid, Thomas, Withrow, Bonner, Whetsel, Skaggs, Delaney, Dixson etc. he never won more than a district championship....which isn't saying much when Rose Hill, Fairview, and BC have been underwhelming in recent years. If you look at Ashland basketball over several years you can notice several talented athletes who will maybe play 1 season then not return, or even quit mid-year. I could list several names, but I don't want it to reflect negatively on any kids.

You can certainly disagree with me, but I have been around the block a time or two and believe my assessment is accurate.

I could post a list of names of students who have chosen not to play for Biggs, many names might not be known because after their 8th grade or freshman season they didn't play again. It would be a pretty good list. Even when he did have the players...McDavid, Thomas, Withrow, Bonner, Whetsel, Skaggs, Delaney, Dixson etc. he never won more than a district championship....which isn't saying much when Rose Hill, Fairview, and BC have been underwhelming in recent years. If you look at Ashland basketball over several years you can notice several talented athletes who will maybe play 1 season then not return, or even quit mid-year. I could list several names, but I don't want it to reflect negatively on any kids.

You can certainly disagree with me, but I have been around the block a time or two and believe my assessment is accurate.

Perhaps that has some truth in it. But regardless if there are kids that decide for whatever reason to pass on basketball, the bottom line regionally is that there have been teams that have simply been better. Fleming, Rowan, East Carter, Elliott. Ashland had nothing for them IMO. At least that's what it looks like from the block I've been around. This ain't the 20's and Ashland basketball isn't the regional power it once was. And I'm not a Biggs apologist, just saying that if you make a change, better hope the coach has some kids he can bring with him.

That's true. Elliott and Rowan did have a strangle hold on the region for several years. I think the really talented players...Corey Gregg, Dylan Delaney, Will Skaggs etc. would play and excel for just about any coach, because they are talented and love the game. I see the problem in that Biggs' style, practice routines etc. turn off the average role player from playing. Over the last few years Ashland had little to no depth. I believe that is because the kids who do not play very much don't see the point in playing for a coach who in my opinion runs his teams into the ground. I would prefer someone who seems to be more of a players coach, gets kids wanting to play basketball, and creates positivity and enthusiasm. I just don't get that vibe...