Derrick Rose Comments

Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls unfazed by critics of comments - ESPN Chicago

Rose knows people get upset when he sits out of games, but he explained that his aim in managing his body and playing time is to make sure he’s healthy long-term. That’s a fine plan, a sensible approach, one endorsed by Bulls management, if he was talking about the playoffs. Next spring appears to be the Bulls’ best chance in a while to at least get to the NBA Finals.

“I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball,’’ Rose said, “having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to. I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my (2-year-old) son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past.’’

Lots of talk about this the last few days. He has been getting KILLED on talk shows and twitter.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really ticks me off when they make comments about saving their body. I am sure every construction worker/carpenter would like to take every 3rd day off to save his knees and elbows. He is SOFT!

The comments have been overblown. The comment above is also overblown. You know why construction workers do not "save their body?" They can't. Too easy to go get another cat to replace them. Plus, they can't afford the loss of pay.

It's mind-boggling to compare an everyday schmo construction worker/sales rep/CPA to a professional athlete.

The only problem is DRose should have known how fans would lose their minds and spend ZERO time thinking about what he said.