Charles Barkley 'Unintellligent' blacks 'Brainwashed'

In the Percy Harvin thread, I asked for my African American friends opinion on the comment on Wilson not being "Black Enough". Now I am curious on opinions from Barkley.

Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

I love Barkley. I don't always agree with him- usually do but not always. I love that he says what he feels and does not give a rip what others think. Now the fact that he is black allows him to do this - if he was white, he would be fired from TBS and ESPN would spend all day ripping him for saying what he said. However, it still takes courage for him to say what he thinks. If he ran for president, he would get my vote. It would be refreshing to have someone like him in office.

More common with blacks.

I wonder why?

I know several years ago I heard pastor Dr. Kevin Crosby of St. Stephen's in Louisville ripping his flock for the number of times her hears members of his church mock young kids saying they are going to college saying that is a white thing. When I heard that, I wondered if that was an isolated incident or not. I guess after reading this thread, it is not??

I love Barkley. I don't always agree with him- usually do but not always. I love that he says what he feels and does not give a rip what others think. Now the fact that he is black allows him to do this - if he was white, he would be fired from TBS and ESPN would spend all day ripping him for saying what he said. However, it still takes courage for him to say what he thinks. If he ran for president, he would get my vote. It would be refreshing to have someone like him in office.

I think once he was going to run for governor of where ever he lived then. I forget which state.

Depends on who it is. Charles is known for saying what he feels about anyone, anywhere, anytime. He could make a comment about white people and he wouldn't get in trouble because "that's Charles".

I wonder why?

I know several years ago I heard pastor Dr. Kevin Crosby of St. Stephen's in Louisville ripping his flock for the number of times her hears members of his church mock young kids saying they are going to college saying that is a white thing. When I heard that, I wondered if that was an isolated incident or not. I guess after reading this thread, it is not??

Lots of reasons. Mostly because of socioeconomic reasons.

Depends on who it is. Charles is known for saying what he feels about anyone, anywhere, anytime. He could make a comment about white people and he wouldn't get in trouble because "that's Charles".

Probably so. If Herman Cain or Ben Carson had said the same thing, I think there would have been some controversy.