29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Lexington Catholic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, OK, now that changes it up a little bit. But seriously, I still think Boyle County rolls in this one. LexCath has shattered my faith in them.

Not going to happen. Nobody ever rolls in this game. I think LexCath will be Boyle's biggest test of the season so far. Boyle hasn't faced a team that can throw it or will attempt to throw it like LexCath does. Jaylen Jones is also the best RB Boyle will have seen so far as well. I also still think LexCath is better than what people think and that their losses are blinding people because they used to win those games in past years. None of that has anything to do with this year.

No way Boyle County rolls in this game.

I have a feeling it will be more of a 34-30 type of game. Down to the final gun game that both teams will benefit from. I hope both teams play desperate football. The importance of having a potential home game against one another in November is HUGE.

I don't know if Boyle County can outscore LexCath if this game becomes a shootout.

I won't be at the game but I'll be listening. If Jaylen Jones can run on Boyle County........I don't know man......

He's been able to run on everybody this season, he has had over 150 yards in every game this season except against ACS (Where he had over 100 in the only quarter he played). That includes a 181 yard performance against Bowling Green, who objectively most likely has a better defense than Boyle.

I have to give a shoutout to our O-line, the big boys have been very consistent this year in their run-blocking. They are probably the best run-blocking group we have had for years.

The balance on O that LexCath has, being able to pass and run while using the entire field, is what makes them dangerous.

He's been able to run on everybody this season, he has had over 150 yards in every game this season except against ACS (Where he had over 100 in the only quarter he played). That includes a 181 yard performance against Bowling Green, who objectively most likely has a better defense than Boyle.

I have to give a shoutout to our O-line, the big boys have been very consistent this year in their run-blocking. They are probably the best run-blocking group we have had for years.

The balance on O that LexCath has, being able to pass and run while using the entire field, is what makes them dangerous.

Greg Raglin set the single season rushing record for the Knights with 1,763 in 2009. Jones has 960 through 6 games.

Reese Ryan's current season QB rating is 107. That is up from earlier in the year as the receivers have settled in and his TD to INT ratio has gotten better in the last few games.

The Knights did have 608 yards of offense against Mercer.

The main issue with the defense is giving up big passing plays. If Boyle can make big plays they have the advantage. Of course, ground and pound will keep the ball out of LexCath's offensive hands as well. The Knights are better at stopping the run but its been the pass that has done them in mostly in the losses.

I say Jones finishes with two thousand for the year. Credit to the line for their hard work.

Hats off to Bailey, Tubirdy, Carpenter, Lankford, & Castleon. If these protect and open holes LC can win this game.

According to KHSAA LC has allowed more rushing yds than passing, but the numbers are close. Jones is averaging 161 yds a game while Hoskins is averaging 141 yds a game for Boyle Jones has about a 100 yds more yds than Hoskins, but Jones has around 20 or so more attempts than Hoskins. No team has run the ball on Boyles Defense this year with any success, LC may do better with their balance , but I don't think Jones will get close to his average Friday night.

Boyle must play ball control and not get caught up in the passing game so much. The OC can't make some of the mistakes we have seen in the past and still hope to beat LC at home. Defense must keep the pressure on the QB and not give him time to stand there in the pocket until a receiver pops open. LC is better than people are giving them credit for.

According to KHSAA LC has allowed more rushing yds than passing, but the numbers are close. Jones is averaging 161 yds a game while Hoskins is averaging 141 yds a game for Boyle Jones has about a 100 yds more yds than Hoskins, but Jones has around 20 or so more attempts than Hoskins. No team has run the ball on Boyles Defense this year with any success, LC may do better with their balance , but I don't think Jones will get close to his average Friday night.

They just updated the stats and through 5 games Jones only has 9 more carries than Hoskins now and the yardage difference is now 77 yards. Jones is number one in total yards and ypg in 4A while Hoskins is number 2 in total yards and 3rd in ypg in 4A while having the most rushing TDs in 4A with 14. These stats haven't been updated for this last week however, KHSAA's website only has it for the first 5 games. So two of the best runners in 4A will be on the field this Friday.

IMO LexCath's running game is helped by the passing game, teams respect Ryan's ability and so the Knights get a lot of 6 in the box looks which are easier to run against. Madison Central tried to put 7 or 8 to stop the run and Ryan went off for 500 yards and 5 TDs.

In the past, both this season in other games and against LexCath, Boyle has been doing this (putting only 6 in the box). This season I think LexCath has the O-line and RB to take advantage of it. Jones might not get to his average but I suspect it will be a lot closer to it than you think.

They just updated the stats and through 5 games Jones only has 9 more carries than Hoskins now and the yardage difference is now 77 yards. Jones is number one in total yards and ypg in 4A while Hoskins is number 2 in total yards and 3rd in ypg in 4A while having the most rushing TDs in 4A with 14. These stats haven't been updated for this last week however, KHSAA's website only has it for the first 5 games. So two of the best runners in 4A will be on the fiel

IMO LexCath's running game is helped by the passing game, teams respect Ryan's ability and so the Knights get a lot of 6 in the box looks which are easier to run against. Madison Central tried to put 7 or 8 to stop the run and Ryan went off for 500 yards and 5 TDs.

In the past, both this season in other games and against LexCath, Boyle has been doing this (putting only 6 in the box). This season I think LexCath has the O-line and RB to take advantage of it. Jones might not get to his average but I suspect it will be a lot closer to it than you think.

The stats I gave are for 6 games not 5, and Jones has 8 more attempts, and 113 more yds than Hoskins. I'm talking about rushing yds only. Jones averages 160 per game, and Hoskins 141 per game. My stats are from KHSAA and for 6 games not 5, I triple checked they are for 6 games. I might add Hoskins has 16 rushing TD'S Jones has 8 rushing TD'S.

Edited by Jack Lambert

The stats I gave are for 6 games not 5, and Jones has 8 more attempts, and 113 more yds than Hoskins. I'm talking about rushing yds only. Jones averages 160 per game, and Hoskins 141 per game. My stats are from KHSAA and for 6 games not 5, I triple checked they are for 6 games.

I went with the stats leaders page which only goes up to the 5 games and is updated on Wednesdays I believe. Not that I'm disagreeing with you, your stats for Jaylen are correct through the 6 games. Idk about Hoskins.

I really like Hoskins, very tough runner for a smaller guy.