Bishop Brossart 6 Scott 5

w2848

Brossart wins in Pk shoot out.

Mustangs went up 1-0 on Jon Henn quick restart off foul, followed by a Dylan Geiman blast for 2-0, Scott scored two in the second half, the second on in the 78th Minute of the game.

In PKs Brossart Keeper Jeff Paulin saves one and Scott saves none for the Brossart 3-2 win.

Brossart will play Campbell County on October 4th at 7pm in Claryville with the opportunity to claim the 37th District top seed.

Well played, physical game (as expected) by both teams.

Two clever goals by Henn: the first was a free kick from about 25 yds out. Ball was spotted, the keeper was setting his wall (we've seen this many times .. the keeper leaning on the near post). As soon as the keeper moved off the post and moved toward the other end of the net, Henn shot right over the wall where the keeper had been standing. I really don't think the keeper ever saw the shot, it happened so quickly. The second shot was a heel shot, kicking a loose ball past the keeper (similar to the NCC game, but this time, there was no defender on the back post.

Scott is a solid team, and Schneider has skill .. lots of skill. He had two players marking him, split the defenders and beat the keeper at close range on his goal. On the second Scott goal, Brossart keeper and defense were adamant player on far post was in offsides position, but their plea fell on deaf ears.

On a side note (and hate to be picky regarding volunteers who give of their time and talent), but we don't need play-by-play (literally) from the PA announcer. Announcing substitutions, or whom scored is acceptable, but describing the action like a radio announcer is overkill. He was comical at times ("just a bit outside"), but WAY ... TOO ... MUCH ... PLAY-BY-PLAY.

Two clever goals by Henn: the first was a free kick from about 25 yds out. Ball was spotted, the keeper was setting his wall (we've seen this many times .. the keeper leaning on the near post). As soon as the keeper moved off the post and moved toward the other end of the net, Henn shot right over the wall where the keeper had been standing. I really don't think the keeper ever saw the shot, it happened so quickly. The second shot was a heel shot, kicking a loose ball past the keeper (similar to the NCC game, but this time, there was no defender on the back post.

Scott is a solid team, and Schneider has skill .. lots of skill. He had two players marking him, split the defenders and beat the keeper at close range on his goal. On the second Scott goal, Brossart keeper and defense were adamant player on far post was in offsides position, but their plea fell on deaf ears.

On a side note (and hate to be picky regarding volunteers who give of their time and talent), but we don't need play-by-play (literally) from the PA announcer. Announcing substitutions, or whom scored is acceptable, but describing the action like a radio announcer is overkill. He was comical at times ("just a bit outside"), but WAY ... TOO ... MUCH ... PLAY-BY-PLAY.

Wanna bet that this was the pa announcer that usually does the Ryle games......wasn't at Ryle last night. Was this played at Scott......he goes there also.....

I agree with you ......again. Great people.....terrible announcing....you aren't doing radio....we are there watching. It does detract from the game experience

Out of town......sounds like a nail biter......."

How did the pks go......was it a save or a miss? Early in the shots or late? Great save by keep or average.....although I consider anyone that can hurl their body through the air, land on their hip and jump right up and do it again....amazing these days....did it once in a game 15 years ago.....tore my rotator cuff.......

Also.....pks at this stage of the season helps both teams...win or lose ....by giving experience...

Details please....

[/b]

Wanna bet that this was the pa announcer that usually does the Ryle games......wasn't at Ryle last night. Was this played at Scott......he goes there also.....

I agree with you ......again. Great people.....terrible announcing....you aren't doing radio....we are there watching. It does detract from the game experience

No it was not the one from Ryle, he may talk a little more than needed but you certainly can not compare him to the announcer from Ryle. We greatly appreciate him coming and doing our games at Scott as his son graduated last year. I believe he is simply trying to have a little fun with it and I don't blame him for that at all.

Not picking on you oldtime I know you weren't there.

[/b]

Terrible announcing... It's a painful experience for the fans who come to watch the game. We can see every play on the field. We do not need a play by play account of it. Just stick to basic announcing. Please.

Hard to say without being there but normally when a wall is set that means play has been stopped and can only be re-started with the ref's whistle. Did that happen on the free kick?

Hard to say without being there but normally when a wall is set that means play has been stopped and can only be re-started with the ref's whistle. Did that happen on the free kick?

According to NFHS rules, "Whistle used for kickoff, penalty kicks, and to signal play stoppage such as fouls, injuries, substitutions and to signal restart after substitutions, injuries and time stoppage. Also when a card is given and on encroachment. Discretionary and if needed when ball goes out of play. Signals same as NCAA plus windup motion to start clock". In this case, there was no substitution, injury or time stoppage.

Often times, a restart can be immediate. A keeper can set up his wall, as long as the offensive player allows it. From my vantage point, the offensive player simply recognized an opportunity, and capitalized.

If the Center thought it improper, he would have nullified the play (which he did, on several other restarts, where players on both teams attempted to improve a spot).