Police Officers murdered in Georgia and Pennsylvania this week

halfback20

Going to have a hard time combing through the woods to find him in one of those...
Would you want to be driving back roads looking for him in a patrol car or in this if you knew there was a sworn cop killer on the loose.

I bet the officers in this one above were glad they weren't in a patrol car when that shot hit the windshield.

I guess you still don't see a need to ever have these, do you?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might need a militarized helicopter or militarized night/thermal vision to find him in the woods. Maybe the police should wear bright yellow while walking through the woods too, since camo is too militarized :rolleyes:

What if an officer or anyone really is injured and police can't get to them without getting shot themselves...think one of these would be useful?

Night vision in some cases came from the evil 1033 program, so it must be turned in and destroyed.

Then the department can turn around and pay thousands to reacquire the same needed equipment.

Would you want to be driving back roads looking for him in a patrol car or in this if you knew there was a sworn cop killer on the loose.

I bet the officers in this one above were glad they weren't in a patrol car when that shot hit the windshield.

I guess you still don't see a need to ever have these, do you?

It said they're in a heavily wooded area looking for him. I seriously doubt they're able to used an armored vehicle amongst all of those trees so it doesn't matter if the Pennsylvania State Police have them or not. Now helicopters on the other hand, I'm guessing will be very useful. I'm up here in Pennsylvania this week--hopefully they get the guy soon.

It said they're in a heavily wooded area looking for him. I seriously doubt they're able to used an armored vehicle amongst all of those trees so it doesn't matter if the Pennsylvania State Police have them or not. Now helicopters on the other hand, I'm guessing will be very useful. I'm up here in Pennsylvania this week--hopefully they get the guy soon.

I'm not surprised that you aren't getting it. They might not need it now just like they might not need the helicopter next time. The point is they might need it later and if they don't have one, tough luck I guess right?

Also, if an armored truck is too militarized, what about a helicopter? I realize other non police have helicopters, but police aren't the only ones with armored trucks in this country. Private companies own them all over the U.S. Same for the camo that many anti "militarization" folks whine about. Should the Penn State Police have camo as an option when faced with a nut trying to kill them while hiding in the woods?

So you avoid my question again?

After looking at the photo of the vehicle with the bullet strikes, you still won't admit there are times when this sort if equipment is needed?

So you avoid my question again?

After looking at the photo of the vehicle with the bullet strikes, you still won't admit there are times when this sort if equipment is needed?

I've said before that I don't mind SWAT tactics and equipment used for what they were designed for: hostage situations, barricaded suspects, active shooters etc. I do have a problem when they are used to serve warrants to "prevent destruction of evidence". That's how a flash bang grenade ended up in an 18 month old's crib.

I've said before that I don't mind SWAT tactics and equipment used for what they were designed for: hostage situations, barricaded suspects, active shooters etc. I do have a problem when they are used to serve warrants to "prevent destruction of evidence". That's how a flash bang grenade ended up in an 18 month old's crib.

843rd time you've brought that up!

So if you agree there are times that Law Enforcement does need vehicles like this why are you so against the 1033 program?

Would you rather local police do without protective equipment because their department can't afford to buy this stuff outright and the best way to obtain it was through the 1033 program?

There are many Sovereign Citizen Groups that vow to kill anyone that ever tries to arrest them. Should we (as a society) just expect a couple of patrol cars to roll into the middle of their compound to serve an arrest warrant? Or would use of heavy vehicles be justified in that case?

Equipment used isn't about preserving evidence as you keep bringing up, it is about officer safety. I agree Tactics may in some cases be wrong or things can go wrong, but the equipment being used is there to protect the officers.

I'd say it's extremely rare that a flash bang injures anyone or that anyone period is injured in warrant services. You mention the increase in use, and the few times they go wrong and ignore the overwhelming amount of times they work to perfection.

*I should add that when an innocent person not causing any threat is injured in any thing police are involved in it should be investigated. I'm not saying that because it's rare it is ok.

Edited by halfback20

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like they are closing in on Frein. He evidently ran off hastily from his campsite and left some pipe bombs and other objects behind.

Accused Trooper Killer Eric Frein Making Mistakes: Police | NBC 10 Philadelphia

As much as I think he needs to die by a PSP Bullet, I'd love to see him rot in prison also. I just pray that no other LEO's are injured while hunting for this pile of :poop:

• 4 weeks later...

Police Use Silent, Giant Balloon in Pennsylvania Manhunt for Eric Frein

"Police are hoping they can finally outsmart the elusive suspect in the shooting death of a Pennsylvania state trooper with the use of a giant balloon.

The balloon is an "experimental device" in the area of the Alpine Ski resort in Henryville, the Pennsylvania State Police said today."