Police Officers murdered in Georgia and Pennsylvania this week

halfback20

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a war being waged on law enforcement in this country.

I know people say police are being militarized but I'm of the belief that the 800k-1 million armed police officers play a key role in other countries not waging wars on American soil...I could be wrong though

There's a war being waged on law enforcement in this country.

I know people say police are being militarized but I'm of the belief that the 800k-1 million armed police officers play a key role in other countries not waging wars on American soil...I could be wrong though

I don't understand why people get tore up over armored type vehicles...those are for and about officer and victim safety.

'Extremely dangerous' survivalist named suspect in Pennsylvania state trooper ambush | Fox News

Suspect identified. That was faster than I thought it would be.

It helped that he left all the evidence in his car in the pond. It's almost like he wanted them to know that he did it. I hope they find him soon--it sounds like he doesn't care what happens to him. He could take a lot of innocent people with him. It's early in the investigation but, since I'm guessing that he won't be taken alive and we'll never know a motive, it sounds like the two officers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He'd likely have shot the first uniforms that he saw.

It helped that he left all the evidence in his car in the pond. It's almost like he wanted them to know that he did it. I hope they find him soon--it sounds like he doesn't care what happens to him. He could take a lot of innocent people with him. It's early in the investigation but, since I'm guessing that he won't be taken alive and we'll never know a motive, it sounds like the two officers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He'd likely have shot the first uniforms that he saw.

I'd say it's possible he left some kind of trail on a computer or something. They already know he hates law enforcement and has apparently made threatening statements before. He still has his weapon, so I'd hate to be an Officer or Trooper in that area. Never know where the coward might be hiding and waiting to ambush.

I'd say it's possible he left some kind of trail on a computer or something. They already know he hates law enforcement and has apparently made threatening statements before. He still has his weapon, so I'd hate to be an Officer or Trooper in that area. Never know where the coward might be hiding and waiting to ambush.

Didn't it say that they found his Social Security Card and shell casings in the car in the pond? I thought that is how they ID'd him.

Stopping him could get really bad. Who knows if he'll take random shots at other officers from cover or decide to go into a school or WalMart and open up. Guys like that are like rabid animals, the quicker you can put them down the better for everyone.

Didn't it say that they found his Social Security Card and shell casings in the car in the pond? I thought that is how they ID'd him.

Stopping him could get really bad. Who knows if he'll take random shots at other officers from cover or decide to go into a school or WalMart and open up. Guys like that are like rabid animals, the quicker you can put them down the better for everyone.

This article has a good description of what is known right now including what exactly happened that night. Sounds pretty terrifying. The coward fired on the different troopers hitting two.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pennsylvania-cop-shooter-hit-troopers-missed-90-seconds/story?id=25550050

This article has a good description of what is known right now including what exactly happened that night. Sounds pretty terrifying. The coward fired on the different troopers hitting two.

From another link off of the article:

Pennsylvania Cop Shooter Hit Two Troopers and Missed One in 90 Seconds - ABC News

Suspect Eric Matthew Frein, 31, from Canadensis, Pa., practices survivalism -- the ability to survive without the help of government or society, and often storing food and guns, Pennsylvania police said today. Police who searched his home found a copy of a book entitled Sniper Training and Employment, according to the court documents.

Frein's father, E. Michael Frein, told police he served in the military for 28 years and had trained his son how to shoot. The father told police that his son was a member of the rifle team in high school and that the son became a better shot than the father.

This could end up being really bad. His father said that in addition to the .308 an AK-47 is missing from his house. Hopefully they catch him sooner rather than later.

This could end up being really bad. His father said that in addition to the .308 an AK-47 is missing from his house. Hopefully they catch him sooner rather than later.

Good Thing the Penn State Police have these...

6259905584_52e2b06171_z.jpg

Below is what happened during a past encounter with a gunman in Pennsylvania, good thing they had these available and weren't in a "Non-Militarized" Patrol Car...those bullets would have went right through it.

20120314_120722_bearcat_400.jpg

Good Thing the Penn State Police have these...

6259905584_52e2b06171_z.jpg

Below is what happened during a past encounter with a gunman in Pennsylvania, good thing they had these available and weren't in a "Non-Militarized" Patrol Car...those bullets would have went right through it.

20120314_120722_bearcat_400.jpg

Going to have a hard time combing through the woods to find him in one of those...

Going to have a hard time combing through the woods to find him in one of those...

Might need a militarized helicopter or militarized night/thermal vision to find him in the woods. Maybe the police should wear bright yellow while walking through the woods too, since camo is too militarized :rolleyes:

What if an officer or anyone really is injured and police can't get to them without getting shot themselves...think one of these would be useful?