Police Officers murdered in Georgia and Pennsylvania this week

halfback20

We were in Richmond Saturday night. This happened right about the time we were leaving the EKU game. I'm glad my son wanted to go eat at Applebee's instead of Logan's or Hooters. Otherwise we'd have been right in the middle of it. Witnesses said over 50 shots were fired. It was right on the the bypass with lots of people around, it could have been really bad.

Very familiar with that area. Glad nobody innocent was hurt that can be a pretty busy part of town.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing that I'm aware of. Again, seems somewhat similar to the murder of Officer Jason Ellis in Kentucky last year. He was ambushed on the side of the road and killed. Police have never developed a suspect, as far as I know, in that case and it's been over a year.

And that is with about $250K in reward money...

7 police officers have died in the line of duty in the last 11 days.

9/14: Unidentified New Orleans Police officer shot during an incident in the 5th district. Unknown condition. Subject sought.

9/13: Two Monroe County Georgia deputies shot while responding to suicide attempt. Deputy Michael Norris critical with a wound to the head. Deputy Jeff Watson stabilized with wounds to the abdomen.

9/12: Pennsylvania State Police Corporal Bryan Dickson fatally wounded when ambushed during a shift change at the police barracks. Another trooper wounded and transported by air. Subject sought.

9/12: Border Patrol Agent Tyler Robledo killed in an on-duty vehicle crash.

9/8: Charleston County SC Deputy Joseph Matuskovic shot and killed responding to a disturbance. Another deputy also shot and injured.

9/7: Topeka Kansas Police Corporal Jason E. Harwood shot and killed while conducting a traffic stop,

9/7: Patrolman II Nickolaus E. Schultz of the Merrillville Police Department, IN succuembed to gunshot wounds suffered two days earlier when responding to an evicted tenant situation. The subject was wearing body armor.

9/3: Police Officer Daryl Pierson, Rochester Police Department shot and killed during a foot pursuit.

8/22: San Bernardino Police Officer Gabe Garcia shot in the head during a gun battle with a heavily armed subject. He is still fighting for his life.

And just today 28 men in Kentucky were willfully sprayed in the face with Oleoresin Capsicum as part of their final few weeks training. So that they may join so many that have went before them to serve the citizens of this state as Law Enforcement Officers.

That stuff is awful, especially if you're sun burnt.