Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights/Covington Catholic Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Dixie
      23%
      16
    • Covington Catholic
      76%
      51

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As for the weather I think I once melted at Dixie on a Friday night there until the blinding sun went down. Had to be 105 on the field.

 

As for the game I think CovCath wins. Too deep for Dixie. Not sure it will be as exciting as last year but then one or two key injuries and it could be just like last year. If Dixie wants to hang in this until the end they need to win the special teams play or at least not give the game away there. Didn't they have about a 5 yard punt last year that set CovCath up for a quick score? Can't do that this year.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie corrects past mistakes. Limits CCH to less than 300 total yards total offence. 30 -14 Dixie

 

You seem to know a lot about each team....Dixie:s defense must be really good- to hold CCH to 14 points. Can you give any more insight.

This is all just a gut feeling, but I think Cov Cath is better than most believe and I think Dixie is not as good as most believe. I'll go with CCH 35 Dixie 14.

This is all just a gut feeling, but I think Cov Cath is better than most believe and I think Dixie is not as good as most believe. I'll go with CCH 35 Dixie 14.

 

Already called that score, you cheated:cool:

This is all just a gut feeling, but I think Cov Cath is better than most believe and I think Dixie is not as good as most believe. I'll go with CCH 35 Dixie 14.

 

Dixie is just as good defensively as last year, if not better. The offense looks balanced now as well. CCH seems to be good at avoiding the early season miscues that plague most teams. I'll take Dixie 28 - 21.

I think Cov Cath is better than most believe and I think Dixie is not as good as most believe.

 

While I occasionally am on opposite sides of the table from V.O.R., in this point, I think he perfectly encapsulates my feelings on this game.

As for the weather I think I once melted at Dixie on a Friday night there until the blinding sun went down. Had to be 105 on the field.

 

As for the game I think CovCath wins. Too deep for Dixie. Not sure it will be as exciting as last year but then one or two key injuries and it could be just like last year. If Dixie wants to hang in this until the end they need to win the special teams play or at least not give the game away there. Didn't they have about a 5 yard punt last year that set CovCath up for a quick score? Can't do that this year.

 

There was a poor Dixie punt- but as I recall, there was also a Cov Cath punt which was blocked deep in their territory that either resulted directly into a TD or set up a short TD. Great game last year- I would expect the same this year (but I hope not ;)

According to Richard Skinner's twitter, game moved to 9 30.

According to Richard Skinner's twitter, game moved to 9 30.

 

Beat me to it.

 

Richard Skinner ‏@nkyskinner 9m

 

Per Dixie Heights AD Matt Wilhoite, Saturday's game at CovCath will start now at 9:30 a.m. in hopes of beating the heat.

Beat me to it.

 

Richard Skinner ‏@nkyskinner 9m

 

Per Dixie Heights AD Matt Wilhoite, Saturday's game at CovCath will start now at 9:30 a.m. in hopes of beating the heat.

 

And if at the beginning of the second half the field temp is above__________? Then what......because of course that was what happened at the Boone game. ;)

 

Surprised a neutral site other than Dixie, wasn't finalized to avoid the heat concerns. Nothing like getting up at 5a to get "amped" for a game at 9:30 from a players perspective. Cheerios in Mt. Dew anyone? Excited for both teams and looking forward to a great game. :thumb:

And if at the beginning of the second half the field temp is above__________? Then what......because of course that was what happened at the Boone game. ;)

 

Surprised a neutral site other than Dixie, wasn't finalized to avoid the heat concerns. Nothing like getting up at 5a to get "amped" for a game at 9:30 from a players perspective. Cheerios in Mt. Dew anyone? Excited for both teams and looking forward to a great game. :thumb:

 

Make sure the boy gets plenty of rest Friday night. 8pm curfew!

 

It stinks I'm going to miss this game. Keep me updated if you could.

Make sure the boy gets plenty of rest Friday night. 8pm curfew!

 

It stinks I'm going to miss this game. Keep me updated if you could.

 

You'll need to rely on another. I'll be preoccupied :cool:...Dixie Heights Team Building!!!

Make sure the boy gets plenty of rest Friday night. 8pm curfew!

 

It stinks I'm going to miss this game. Keep me updated if you could.

 

Blue Colonels are off school Friday. Sung loud enough at the Bishop's mass. Should have plenty of rest..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.