Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights/Covington Catholic Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Dixie
      23%
      16
    • Covington Catholic
      76%
      51

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

And your logic here is.........?

 

That it's CovCath's 2nd game and Dixie's first. Not quite sure what you want here. Don't get me wrong, I'll hope like hell Dixie gets the win. I'm just guessing that the jitters and mental mistakes of a real game will affect Dixie a little more that than CovCath because it's their 2nd game, that's all.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the numbers down for Dixie? This was an issue with the previous coaching staff.

 

And there were reason why some guys had to go both ways at times in the past. (Injuries, kids quitting team, etc.)

That it's CovCath's 2nd game and Dixie's first. Not quite sure what you want here. Don't get me wrong, I'll hope like hell Dixie gets the win. I'm just guessing that the jitters and mental mistakes of a real game will affect Dixie a little more that than CovCath because it's there 2nd game, that's all.

 

An extra two quarters since the boone game was ended after the half. Thanks for the explanation, I've never heard a perspective of an additional half or two being the difference in an evenly matched opponent determining the outcome.

 

The key to this game will be turnovers. The team with the least will win. Thinking this game will be moved to Dixie if heat is forcasted to be a factor. 8a kick off anyone?

  • Author
Are the numbers down for Dixie? This was an issue with the previous coaching staff.

 

I think they have 60 to 70 kids.

An extra two quarters since the boone game was ended after the half. Thanks for the explanation, I've never heard a perspective of an additional half or two being the difference in an evenly matched opponent determining the outcome.

 

The key to this game will be turnovers. The team with the least will win. Thinking this game will be moved to Dixie if heat is forcasted to be a factor. 8a kick off anyone?

 

Look, just making an observation but "my bad", I had forgotten about the CovCath/Boone game being called after 2 quarters. I'm not as stupid as some of my posts, really. And of course one of the keys to the game will be turnovers, that's obvious, it's where Dixie has beat themselves in the past while also committing silly penalties. No way will that game be moved to Dixie, I'll bet my ranch on it.

  • Author
An extra two quarters since the boone game was ended after the half. Thanks for the explanation, I've never heard a perspective of an additional half or two being the difference in an evenly matched opponent determining the outcome.

 

The key to this game will be turnovers. The team with the least will win. Thinking this game will be moved to Dixie if heat is forcasted to be a factor. 8a kick off anyone?

 

Funny how things have changed. 2 weeks ago you had the best team ever now you seem worried. :D

Really good early season matchup. Like CCH in this one.

in an evenly matched opponent

 

I guess this is the crux of the issue for me, I'm just not convinced these teams are evenly matched. I'm not insinuating CovCath will boat-race their fellow Colonels, but I think it is a 14+ point outcome when the dust (rubber) settles.

Funny how things have changed. 2 weeks ago you had the best team ever now you seem worried. :D

 

No uk#1 fan, Content1 was responding to my misinformed post. He's just trying to set me straight.

I guess this is the crux of the issue for me, I'm just not convinced these teams are evenly matched. I'm not insinuating CovCath will boat-race their fellow Colonels, but I think it is a 14+ point outcome when the dust (rubber) settles.

 

I'm with MTGL here. Last year's game was close due to CCH injuries. As much as I'd like to see the red colonels win, I'd go as far as say a 21+ point win for the blue colonels.

No uk#1 fan, Content1 was responding to my misinformed post. He's just trying to set me straight.

 

OldDog75, I'm not trying to set you straight at all. Just to better understand your perspective which now I do after your explanation.

 

As for sk1 fans comment....delete

 

And Mentsch, I'll stick my kneck out again and say I think these two teams are evenly matched and sure, I'm biased. I like your thinking though, as well as, the majority of folks thinking covcath has a distinct edge. All the pressure is on blue! Going to be a great game for the kids regardless of what all of us think.

 

:thumb:

Who might that CB be?

I think Dixie surprises many and comes out on top in this one. It'll be close but I think Red beats Blue.

 

And for those saying Dixie's corners can't keep up with the CCH WRs, I think it's possible the fastest kid on the field will be one of the Dixie CBs.

I think Dixie surprises many and comes out on top in this one. It'll be close but I think Red beats Blue.

 

And for those saying Dixie's corners can't keep up with the CCH WRs, I think it's possible the fastest kid on the field will be one of the Dixie CBs.

 

He ran a 6.60 in the 60 earlier this summer.... Of course that was without full pads on. Ethan Harrison can flat fly.

 

Should be a great early season contest.

BLUE Colonels have the edge based on both distant and recent history between the two schools.

 

The Blue Colonels just seem to find a way to win.

 

Recently if the Red Colonels have had the upper hand, the Blue Colonels have found a way..... Along comes Gabe Gray, last year it was Sam Dressmen and Mathew Way, and let's not forget the Cable Camera Man (MVP of that game).

 

Who will it be this season? We will know Saturday afternoon.

 

Should be a good game at Wooten Field.

 

Go (BLUE) Colonels.

Forecast for Saturday is 90.

 

10:00?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.