Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights/Covington Catholic Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

    • Dixie
      23%
      16
    • Covington Catholic
      76%
      51

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Beat me to it.

 

Richard Skinner ‏@nkyskinner 9m

 

Per Dixie Heights AD Matt Wilhoite, Saturday's game at CovCath will start now at 9:30 a.m. in hopes of beating the heat.

 

Move the game. It's called Friday Night Lights not Saturday wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move the game. It's called Friday Night Lights not Saturday wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

 

I can see it now. Dixie on the 1 yard line ready to punch it in for the go ahead score. Uh, suspended!

I can see it now. Dixie on the 1 yard line ready to punch it in for the go ahead score. Uh, suspended!

 

:rolleyes:

I can see it now. Dixie on the 1 yard line ready to punch it in for the go ahead score. Uh, suspended!

 

No doubt, it is amazing that CovCath isn't running scared seeing that Dixie has knocked them off 7 of the last 40 times they've met. I love posts like this.

Paging Ram... :jump:

Oh good Lord. Anyone want to make a prediction if this game will get to finish? I guess we could start calling them the "Half-Contest Colonels".

 

For those wishing to attend:

Pep Rally: 5am in the gymnasium. Please bring a flashlight, because there are no lights in the gymnasium.

 

Tailgate: 7am in the parking lot. Please bring a flashlight, once again no lights.

 

Kickoff: 9:30am. Again, flashlights, expecting fog.

Oh good Lord. Anyone want to make a prediction if this game will get to finish? I guess we could start calling them the "Half-Contest Colonels".

 

For those wishing to attend:

Pep Rally: 5am in the gymnasium. Please bring a flashlight, because there are no lights in the gymnasium.

 

Tailgate: 7am in the parking lot. Please bring a flashlight, once again no lights.

 

Kickoff: 9:30am. Again, flashlights, expecting fog.

 

No tailgating allowed at Cov Cath :D

Oh good Lord. Anyone want to make a prediction if this game will get to finish? I guess we could start calling them the "Half-Contest Colonels".

 

For those wishing to attend:

Pep Rally: 5am in the gymnasium. Please bring a flashlight, because there are no lights in the gymnasium.

 

Tailgate: 7am in the parking lot. Please bring a flashlight, once again no lights.

 

Kickoff: 9:30am. Again, flashlights, expecting fog.

 

Don't make me go find that Academy again.

I do find it a shame that a varsity high school football game will be 930am on a saturday. But that is a total different issue. But overall I believe it will be a good game. I believe Cov Cath is better but i also believe Cov Cath is not a Tuff football team. It's hard to say that but i believe under the current coach, CCH has not played a tuff brand of football. With that being said, Dixie is out maned. They have multiple guys going both ways. But if they can "OUT" tuff CCH, I believe they can hang around. If Dixie can run the ball and if DM can make a few plays, then anything can happen. With that being said I'll take DIXE 21-19. Thats assuming Dixie controls the game by running the football. But overall, I believe it will be a very good game.

I do find it a shame that a varsity high school football game will be 930am on a saturday. But that is a total different issue. But overall I believe it will be a good game. I believe Cov Cath is better but i also believe Cov Cath is not a Tuff football team. It's hard to say that but i believe under the current coach, CCH has not played a tuff brand of football. With that being said, Dixie is out maned. They have multiple guys going both ways. But if they can "OUT" tuff CCH, I believe they can hang around. If Dixie can run the ball and if DM can make a few plays, then anything can happen. With that being said I'll take DIXE 21-19. Thats assuming Dixie controls the game by running the football. But overall, I believe it will be a very good game.

 

Welcome to BluegrassPreps, COFAN! Glad to have you here.

 

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the toughness of Cov Cath. What do you think Cov Cath's brand of football is lacking when it comes to playing tough, and how do you think they can go about improving?

I do find it a shame that a varsity high school football game will be 930am on a saturday. But that is a total different issue. But overall I believe it will be a good game. I believe Cov Cath is better but i also believe Cov Cath is not a Tuff football team. It's hard to say that but i believe under the current coach, CCH has not played a tuff brand of football. With that being said, Dixie is out maned. They have multiple guys going both ways. But if they can "OUT" tuff CCH, I believe they can hang around. If Dixie can run the ball and if DM can make a few plays, then anything can happen. With that being said I'll take DIXE 21-19. Thats assuming Dixie controls the game by running the football. But overall, I believe it will be a very good game.

 

Well - not sure what Dixie game you watched last year, but I saw a team that lost it's starting RB and QB on sequential plays- get smacked in the mouth the next two quarters only to tough it out and find a way to score and hold on to a win. Then I watched that same team lose what seemed like a starter each week only to have the next guy in line dig deep and perform higher than ever. So I'm not sure what your definition of "tuff" really is, but this team is tough.

With all do respect to you. I saw a team that looses 45-7 to moeller, 42-6 to highlands and again 28-13. This team continually under performs against team's that have as much or more talent than them. I am used to seeing a Cov Cath team that plays with these teams. In 2006, they played Elder, loss 13-3, St. Xavier "OH" loss 23-3. My point is that Cov Cath is capable of playing with these teams. They might not win but they will compete. And i will take that any day. IMOP, I just don't see the same tuff with CCH that used to be there. I might be wrong. But i definitely don't see the results.

I keep going back and forth with who is going to win this one. I'm still sticking withing CCH although Dixie is more than capable of winning this game. But I am surprised by how lopsided the voting is.

I agree. If Dixie stays healthy, they can compete this year.

I think Dixie surprises many and comes out on top in this one. It'll be close but I think Red beats Blue.

 

And for those saying Dixie's corners can't keep up with the CCH WRs, I think it's possible the fastest kid on the field will be one of the Dixie CBs.

You do know the COV CATH kid was state champion in the 100 meter dash?

with all do respect to you. I saw a team that looses 45-7 to moeller, 42-6 to highlands and again 28-13. This team continually under performs against team's that have as much or more talent than them. I am used to seeing a Cov Cath team that plays with these teams. In 2006, they played Elder, loss 13-3, St. Xavier "OH" loss 23-3. My point is that Cov Cath is capable of playing with these teams. They might not win but they will compete. And i will take that any day. IMOP, I just don't see the same tuff with CCH that used to be there. I might be wrong. But i definitely don't see the results.

 

A few things I would point out about your argument:

 

-Last season you saw a team that lost their starting quarterback, Wagner, for most of the season in the Dixie game, and lost starting receiver, Braun, in the Moeller game the next week. They were also missing starting defensive standout Burchell for the Boone, Dixie and Moeller games. That Moeller team went on to win the Ohio Division 1 championship. They played Henderson County (and won) the following week with EIGHT backups starting in the game. Highlands came out playing better with all of their starters and outplayed Cov Cath's team, no doubt, although Cov Cath's team was still most definitely plagued by the injury bug. Perhaps the presence of the formerly injured players in the second Highlands matchup is why Cov Cath was able to keep Highlands to fewer touchdowns than any Kentucky team did in 2013, and kept the margin of victory within two touchdowns.

 

-2006 was debatably one of Cov Cath's best football teams ever, if not THE best Cov Cath football team ever.

 

-There are also more than a few ramifications that have been discussed over the years ad nauseam that resulted from the 2005-2008 coaching staffs that I feel Cov Cath football has only truly been able to have put in their past now in the last few years since the players brought up in that era have made their way out of the system.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.