Post Draft: Steals

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleanthony Early. I was absolutely stunned he didn't go in the first round, especially with some of the guys that were getting picked. I think the Knicks got a good one there.

Also, loved the Kyle Anderson pick by the Spurs. Kind of reminds me of a young Boris Diaw, doesn't play above the vision but has a lot of height and great court vision.

I think he's going to be a little better but that won't fix the problems Miami has.

Well he can't be any worse :lol2:
It was a puppet move to appease LeBron. I am not as sold on Napier being some kind of dynamic play maker like he was in college, like many people have become to believe he will be. Edited by bugatti

Miami: Shabazz Napier (acquired via trade, picked #24):

Pat Riley likes 4-year guys and it was rumored that the Heat were very interested in Napier. The fact that LeBron tweeted his approval for this acquisition and that it likely means that Mario Chalmers and his salary will be shown the door should mean good things for the Heat.

Along with Norris Cole, Napier hopes to allow the Heat's "small-ball" approach to the game to flourish once again. All he’ll be asked to do is: keep his mouth shut and listen (something Chalmers really struggled with), make open perimeter looks and be able to hang onto the ball and do some of the heavy lifting/dirty work as a ball handler that keeps LeBron fresh late in both games and the season.

New York: Cleanthony Early:

Phil does some house cleaning, winds up in the 2nd round, then goes and gets a guy who had a first round grade. Early is a four-year guy from a mid-major program, so I’m going to go out on a limb and say his experiences won’t lead him to be the kind of presence Jackson wanted to rid the locker room of.

Early is a glue guy who will be able to do a little bit of everything. Phil usually finds a way to utilize role players in a way that gets the most out of them, and having a guy like this who is more coachable than a JR Smith would seem means good things for Mr. Early’s career—he’s the right fit at the right time.