AAU State Tournament @ KBA

I like Matt Rose of LCA.

Sheldon Clark looked great yesterday. A very impressive three-point shooting team. They made 15 three-pointers in a 71-61 win over Hazard yesterday afternoon. Then they made a three-pointer at the buzzer to beat Scott Co. 77-74 last night.

This tournament is the High school division of the State aau. It used to be one tournament that included high school teams and aau teams. In the past the top 4 team were invited to the national aau tournament. I believe there is still a national high school division aau tournament which the final four qualifies for. Back in the 90's nationals was held at Jonesboro Ark.

I think JC is a better team without Shane Hall. They don't depend on just pounding it in the post and open things up a little but more. They shot it well yesterday and played well in transistion.

On another note the main reason most teams don't participate in this tournament is because of the officiating. It's absolutely awful. It used to be a training for officials but now it's just whoever works for KBA reffing the games. Always a 2 man crew and most of these same officials are the ones who red the KBA men's league on Sunday nights. Regardless of winning or losing I've heard nothing but bad things about the officiating from coaches all weekend.

No doubt, schools/teams stay away from KBA because of the officiating. Not a single North. Ky. team was there this weekend.

No doubt, schools/teams stay away from KBA because of the officiating. Not a single North. Ky. team was there this weekend.

Very very true. I wasn't going to be the first one to say it but the statements about teams not attending because of the officiating is the truth.