Pirates/Brewers Brawl----- Who's at fault?

See, I don't think you're getting it. No respect for the game. When you don't run balls out to first base. That's lack of respect for the game. When you stand and pose it's not flair. That's showing up your opponent. Please tell me that you don't think Puig's antics are good for the game and that whitey is squelching it.

Puig needs to ease up, but what Gomez did pales in comparison to what Puig does...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Junior taking two or three steps watching his home runs every time he hit one of those suckers. No one ear holed him?

How many steps do you get to walk and 'watch' your home run before it becomes 'showing up' your opponent?

You think it's a big deal when a guy holds his position after shooting a 3 in an NBA game, does it ruin football when a guy does a pose after a sack.

I don't know if it is a "Whitey" issue but the over reaction by catchers and pitchers is a bit much...I never see a batter charge a pitcher for a fist pump after a strike out.

I'm normally an old fogy on a lot of stuff but this doesn't bother me at all.

I remember Junior taking two or three steps watching his home runs every time he hit one of those suckers. No one ear holed him?

How many steps do you get to walk and 'watch' your home run before it becomes 'showing up' your opponent?

You're still not getting it when it comes to Gomez. Had that ball gone out, doubt anything would have been said. But if I was his manager, I'd have parked him because had he ran, he may have scored. Instead he posed and cost his team a run.

And don't think for a second that Puig wasn't included as part of the Latin players who are being restrained by baseball tradition in that article. So, Puig's actions are overboard, but the others are not? Where is that line then if we are gonna establish new ones?

You think it's a big deal when a guy holds his position after shooting a 3 in an NBA game, does it ruin football when a guy does a pose after a sack.

I don't know if it is a "Whitey" issue but the over reaction by catchers and pitchers is a bit much...I never see a batter charge a pitcher for a fist pump after a strike out.

I'm normally an old fogy on a lot of stuff but this doesn't bother me at all.

If you're gonna pose, the ball better leave the yard. Otherwise, you get dotted. But that just me. I'm an old white traditionalist all for holding down this new generation of Latin exhibitionists.

If you're gonna pose, the ball better leave the yard. Otherwise, you get dotted. But that just me. I'm an old white traditionalist all for holding down this new generation of Latin exhibitionists.

See and I think if you pose and it doesn't go out you look like a fool...but I don't think it's disrespectful, just makes poser look bad.

I suppose I'm too new school. What did he do? Tip his bat over one end over end? Sorry. You make it to the big leagues and hit a homer, you deserve to celebrate a little bit. Stress LITTLE, but yeah, some. Very few people ever get to hit one outta the park.

Puig is a different story because he wouldn't have tossed his bat, he woulda thrown the sucker 10 feet high thrown his arms in the air and generally showed everyone that he is better than you and he knows it. He does that, then fine, plunk him.

I don't think it's the right of the pitcher to go tell Gomez what he can and can't do. If he wants to show him next time up, fine. Let the league deal with it. But baseball ain't a war of words... Play the ball game and stop talking.

I suppose I'm too new school. What did he do? Tip his bat over one end over end? Sorry. You make it to the big leagues and hit a homer, you deserve to celebrate a little bit. Stress LITTLE, but yeah, some. Very few people ever get to hit one outta the park.

Puig is a different story because he wouldn't have tossed his bat, he woulda thrown the sucker 10 feet high thrown his arms in the air and generally showed everyone that he is better than you and he knows it. He does that, then fine, plunk him.

I don't think it's the right of the pitcher to go tell Gomez what he can and can't do. If he wants to show him next time up, fine. Let the league deal with it. But baseball ain't a war of words... Play the ball game and stop talking.

It was Gomez who left the bag and started after the pitcher. While he had something to say, Gomez was the one to make it a physical thing. Agree?

It was Gomez who left the bag and started after the pitcher. While he had something to say, Gomez was the one to make it a physical thing. Agree?

I would agree with that he made it a physical thing. But that's the chance Cole took by going over there and saying something. He knew that was a possibility when he opened his mouth.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but has anyone else noticed that the Pirates ALWAYS seem to be in the middle of this kinda stuff? They had a problem with the Reds last year. The Cardinals. The Brewers. etc. etc.

Little man syndrome...

I would agree with that he made it a physical thing. But that's the chance Cole took by going over there and saying something. He knew that was a possibility when he opened his mouth.

Gomez would have been better served to stand on the bag and tell him "then don't toss that weak stuff up there then", but he didn't. He made it physical. Then looked like a typical baseball player and got steamrolled.

Gomez would have been better served to stand on the bag and tell him "then don't toss that weak stuff up there then", but he didn't. He made it physical. Then looked like a typical baseball player and got steamrolled.

How many times does one person aggressively step towards a person and say something and the person they are stepping towards just 'lets it roll off their shoulder'?

I don't see how we can acknowledge that Cole was the first to do anything but not make him responsible....

For the record, again, my biggest problem with the whole thing was Russell Martin after it was over being a baby.