Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh but some can, just to stir the pot, even though they didn't attend the game either!

You need a tissue. We would need an exorcism for you had that happened in reverse.

and clearly saw the Cooper player step out of bounds then and only then in-bound the ball.

 

You said this in the morning as well. That should seal the discussion for anyone. As you said, The Cooper players on the floor thought it went in, and who is in better position to know if it went in or not? The players a couple of feet under the basket? Or people in the stands and a bad angle? If the Cooper player did not take the ball out of bound to inbound it, and the other Cooper players on the floor didn't act like it went in, then I could see someone questioning it.

I saw the pass go up but I was watching the CovCath kid who was going to get the lob. I didn't see it close enough to see what happened with the ball.

You have read this thread and realize I'm not the only one with the same opinion right?

 

I think the reason the debate goes on is because their are several that claim the same, not just me.

 

Of course I do. The real play was the final foul call. The play we keep discussing didn't change much of anything regardless of its outcome.

Of course I do. The real play was the final foul call. The play we keep discussing didn't change much of anything regardless of its outcome.

That I totally agree with. As I said often, yet some don't get it yet, is that I wasn't stirring the pot as if I thought it was a controversial play in anyway, just that it was very odd the way it happened and that others saw the same thing.

 

 

The foul at the end I don't have a say either way on that one, it looked like he was shooting to me because he had his arm up shooting when the call was made, but what I couldn't tell was if Zach shot the ball AFTER the foul was called or not. That one should be the big question about the outcome of the game, I agree with you there.

I've never seen a net with the ability to push the ball back towards the shooter.

I've never seen a net with the ability to push the ball back towards the shooter.

 

Because it passed under the rim, hitting the net, then clipped off the bottom of the backboard hitting the net again. Saw it plain as day sitting at eye level with the rim from 30 feet away in the bleachers next to the CCH student section.

Frankly doesn't matter to me either, but all the guys who were there that are contending the ball went in were not watching from ideal spots. They were either behind the basket, above the basket or both. Amazing how the entire section of fans from student section and over about 30 feet to their right all saw it as I and anyone else in that section (ie: Hellbird) did.

Because it passed under the rim, hitting the net, then clipped off the bottom of the backboard hitting the net again. Saw it plain as day sitting at eye level with the rim from 30 feet away in the bleachers next to the CCH student section.

Frankly doesn't matter to me either, but all the guys who were there that are contending the ball went in were not watching from ideal spots. They were either behind the basket, above the basket or both. Amazing how the entire section of fans from student section and over about 30 feet to their right all saw it as I and anyone else in that section (ie: Hellbird) did.

I am convinced that no matter what comes of this even if a video clearly showed one way or the other that there will be people convinced on both sides that they are right and it's all good. We know what we saw and the fact that it is also CCH fans on both sides as well as Cooper fans etc. makes one thing clear, something weird happened that this many people have an opinion on one play.

 

Like has been said already, if it was 1 person claiming something it would be brushed off as that person must of been mistaken, but the fact that out of all the people who have commented in here about the play that were actually there, it's about a 50/50 split on if it went in or not. That alone should account for something

 

. From the people that said they were there and thought the ball didn't go in when first commenting on it, Bluedad, Mentsch, RSkinner and myself. Could be more but I'm not going back through all the eyewitness posts.

 

Those that say they saw it go in(and again could be more but these are eyewitnesses off the top of my head) Theoldguy, paNDA, and I thought someone else.

 

I guess my point is I've never before heard of one particular play in a basketball game that had numerous people even suggesting the ball did not go in yet the goal was thought to be good by others. Just kind of weird. And again, not saying it had anything to do with the outcome because again IMO it should of been CCHs ball anyway, just saying its strange there are so many that claim they saw it either go in or not go in...on the exact same play, which would have to give at least a little bit of question into it.

Sure sounds like both teams came away with good things they can build on going into the tournament. Going to be exciting.

HB ... you are killing me. There is zero doubt that ball went in the basket. I beg anyone to watch that video, slow it down and tell me that ball didn't go in. As panda said, you can see the ball hit the back of the rim, then the front and drop straight down through the net. I am trying to figure out how anyone saw that and thought the ball didn't go in. You are one hardheaded dude.

While i have absolutely no horse in this race, this has been if nothing else a very interesting read, and debate. I tried to watch the video and form my own opnion on the matter but the video as it is currently is :poop:.. A bigger screen would be nice. Eithier way sounds as if it was a great game. How bout some video on the foul/no foul at the end of the game?? Probably more of a decisive play than as i like to call it "THE SHOT" contraversy...

HB ... you are killing me. There is zero doubt that ball went in the basket. I beg anyone to watch that video, slow it down and tell me that ball didn't go in. As panda said, you can see the ball hit the back of the rim, then the front and drop straight down through the net. I am trying to figure out how anyone saw that and thought the ball didn't go in. You are one hardheaded dude.

Were you there VOR?

 

Your name clearly doesn't fit you're stance on many things lol...just sayin. Maybe it should be Voice of closed mind.

How can you say you can see the ball hit the back of the rim when the pic I showed you can't even see the ball lol.

Hopefully this will be the last post I have on the three pointer but for all the ones saying it didn't go in, did you read what Skinner posted? He talked to the Cooper coach today who watched the play on video and he says it went in went in. Not sure why it's a debate when the coach who would be hurt by the missed call says he watched it on video and is convinced it went in.

Were you there VOR?

 

Your name clearly doesn't fit you're stance on many things lol...just sayin. Maybe it should be Voice of closed mind.

How can you say you can see the ball hit the back of the rim when the pic I showed you can't even see the ball lol.

 

I watched the video. Clear as can be the ball went in. Find me one other person who watches that video and says the ball didn't go in. I don't care ... just stating the obvious... well, obvious to some. I must say your handle and avatar fits your post very well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.