Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

Marvin Jones tweet:

 

 

So the Cooper/CCH game was POPPIN tonight... Had my heart pounding in the 4th! Great game now I gotta go to another one!

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now what we need to see is the final foul action. I have no idea as to that call. Kid jumped in front of me from the bench.

 

Hate to say it but where is Walter when we need him.

First congrats to CCH for finding a way to win. I won't get into "if" baskets were made or "if" fouls were called but what I will say is this, Cooper has now held NCC, Holmes, and CCH to their lowest point totals of year which makes it clear that they can "play" with ANYONE in the 9th. At issue for the Jags has been offense. For Hathorn only to have 7 points and the younger McNeil only to have 1 point and STILL have the opportunity to win at the end says something, again, about Coach Sully's coaching ability and what he has done in the 6 short years the school has been in existence is incredible. One thing I know for certain, if the Jags get hot offensively heading into March and they continue to play solid defense, which 9 times out of 10 is a given, I really don't think ANY team will want to play them or at least think they will not be in for an absolute dog fight. The "Orange" has a funny way of bouncing sometimes and all I will say moving forward is; on any given nite...........I'll let you finish the sentence. (Anyone recall the '10 Newport team?)

So did the stripes screw Cooper out of a win or what? Were those stripes from this side of the river?

Again, Great Game and so glad I was there to see it live.

As said, basket or no basket it really didn't matter in the big scheme of things. It was a great game and fun to watch.

Again, Great Game and so glad I was there to see it live.

As said, basket or no basket it really didn't matter in the big scheme of things. It was a great game and fun to watch.

An awful lot of glad handing in this thread. Giving a team 3 points they didn't score in a 1pt victory matters I'd say.

It was just a very weird incident and as I stated in my first post about it, because it was so odd, that I may have been wrong in the way things unfolded on that. One thing is for sure though, from where we were sitting (and again with Cov Cath fans) we all saw the ball go under the rim. either way I will not sit here and say it dictated the outcome of the game. You will never know that, but it was 3 pts that were given when instead it should of been CCH inbounding the ball.

 

 

I think more Cooper fans would take the shooting foul on Z McNeil at the end over the 3 pt basket that wasn't lol.

 

There also was another officiating mistake at the end of the game. When McNiel was fouled at the end of the game, the cooper players went to their sideline for what looked to be a Timeout, but Cooper was out of TO's so the refs made them go back to the court...could of been a technical against Cooper.

 

This would not appear to be an officiating "mistake" but rather good game management. The penalty would have been for delay by not having 2 defensive players occupying the bottom two slots….sounds like the officials enforced the correct rule and didn't take a close game out of anyone's hands. From a coaching perspective, good use of a dead ball situation and forcing the officials to officiate…I got no problem with this situation.

If it happened the other way around heads would pop off.

(disclaimer) Even though TOG said I am neutral I definitely have a CCH slant. Having said that my opinion of the calls in this game were slanted toward Cooper. Nothing outlandish. And even though the fourth got crazy there were only two fouls called on Cooper and none on CCH in the third. Lot's of bodies hit the floor and both teams just played their tails off.

 

In the final analysis I blame no one for the loss, credit Cooper for a great comeback and CCH for the final tally.

So did the stripes screw Cooper out of a win or what? Were those stripes from this side of the river?

 

9th region game so officials were from the 9th.

If it happened the other way around heads would pop off.

 

Careful, your bias is showing.

If it happened the other way around heads would pop off.

 

The shot went in as far as I can tell. The way the net reacted, the way the players reacted, and the way the officials started back down the floor tells me they all so it go in.

 

The only question seems to be shot/no shot on Zack McNeil's late attempt. I wasn't at the game so I can't say.

So CCH was up 14 at half, correct?

 

What did Cooper do to change the flow of the game?

No idea or comment on the controversy but I knew Coach Sullivan would have his kids ready by tournament time. Congrats and keep it rolling guys

Careful, your bias is showing.

Yes I'm a HUGE Cooper fan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.