Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

So CCH was up 14 at half, correct?

 

What did Cooper do to change the flow of the game?

 

CCH slowed it down and Cooper caught fire.

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two points in the game that I loved:1658136_814891018520949_1942238135_o.jpg

 

CovCath Crazies playing musical chairs to only have "The Captain" from Cooper to be found the last person sitting and both kids giving each other high fives and laughing about it.

 

The other was when the Crazies ragged on the Cooper band for leaving the game after half time and the Cooper kids ragged that you could have them, only to have the Crazies cheer we don't want them and the Cooper kids cheered, neither do we. I about laughed till I had tears coming out of my eyes. One of the funniest moments I have seen at a HS basketball game between two student bodies that were having a ball cheering on their classmates, friends and team!

 

Both sides were having fun- but to clarify for the crazies, the second exchange came about when @ 4 Cooper girls came over and stood with the Crazies (on a dare no doubt)- thus the whole, "your girls love us", "you can have them", "we don't want them"...exchange. Pretty funny.

 

...and I am telling you, the video from above does not tell me anything. The ball passed beneath the rim, hit the net and clipped the bottom of the backboard- all giving the illusion that it went in. I was sitting 30 feet away in the bleachers with my site line on the exact same height and plane as the rim.

Hate to say it but where is Walter when we need him.

 

He was with me at Holmes' Alumni Night... hangin out with Huggy Beer!... I mean Bear

 

...and I am telling you, the video from above does not tell me anything. The ball passed beneath the rim, hit the net and clipped the bottom of the backboard- all giving the illusion that it went in. I was sitting 30 feet away in the bleachers with my site line on the exact same height and plane as the rim.

 

This is why courts find eyewitness accounts useless. We all saw the same play differently. Time for slow motion instant replay for HS ball….J/K

Both sides were having fun- but to clarify for the crazies, the second exchange came about when @ 4 Cooper girls came over and stood with the Crazies (on a dare no doubt)- thus the whole, "your girls love us", "you can have them", "we don't want them"...exchange. Pretty funny.

:lol2:

Someone watch the video and watch the net and tell me how the net did what it did if the ball didn't go in.

I don't remember who I was talking to prior to the game but I told them Cooper gets after it HARD on defense.

 

CCH had 4 baskets in the 2nd half with one of those by CVH with little time left. FOUR BASKETS in a half.

I don't remember who I was talking to prior to the game but I told them Cooper gets after it HARD on defense.

 

CCH had 4 baskets in the 2nd half with one of those by CVH with little time left. FOUR BASKETS in a half.

 

They can play 'D' like no one else. If you score 60, you have had a very good night against them offensively.

I don't remember who I was talking to prior to the game but I told them Cooper gets after it HARD on defense.

 

CCH had 4 baskets in the 2nd half with one of those by CVH with little time left. FOUR BASKETS in a half.

 

I give the defense a lot of credit too but there wasn't a lot of attack in those colonels once they had the big lead.

VonHandorf's basket with less than a minute to go with the score tied was HUGE for the Colonels. Caught the ball on the left wing and very decisivley drove in for the left handed contested layup after Cooper had just tied the score. It was one of many big moments late in the game.....

Picture # 120 is a classic. See the fans in background pointing.

 

1606280_814897301853654_374033996_o.jpg

The shot went in as far as I can tell. The way the net reacted, the way the players reacted, and the way the officials started back down the floor tells me they all so it go in.

 

The only question seems to be shot/no shot on Zack McNeil's late attempt. I wasn't at the game so I can't say.

 

oh but some can, just to stir the pot, even though they didn't attend the game either!

Someone watch the video and watch the net and tell me how the net did what it did if the ball didn't go in.

I can tell you exactly how it did it, the ball went right under the front of the rim and hit the net and dropped down.

 

Remember there were others there that saw the same thing as I did with a much closer view than what the video showed.

Someone watch the video and watch the net and tell me how the net did what it did if the ball didn't go in.

 

It happens

Unbiased view.. In looking at the video, it appears to be a made shot. Looks like the ball hits back, front then through. If the ball merely hit the bottom of the net the ball would have been going out of bounds towards the wall. Look where the Cooper play grabs the ball from. The net alone would not make the ball change directions the way it did.

 

And as Clyde pointed out, the net action indicates a made shot. If the ball hit the net it would swing backwards. The net in the video goes up (not back) then comes down.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.