Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the video. Clear as can be the ball went in. Find me one other person who watches that video and says the ball didn't go in. I don't care ... just stating the obvious... well, obvious to some. I must say your handle and avatar fits your post very well.

 

I WILL!!!

 

The video posted is horrible quality and I watched it on a 27 inch Mac Thunderbolt High Res monitor and I still can't say 100% that it went in from the angle the video shows. However, the points were put up (not by the ref though)..so mute point.

The other was when the Crazies ragged on the Cooper band for leaving the game after half time and the Cooper kids ragged that you could have them, only to have the Crazies cheer we don't want them and the Cooper kids cheered, neither do we. I about laughed till I had tears coming out of my eyes. One of the funniest moments I have seen at a HS basketball game between two student bodies that were having a ball cheering on their classmates, friends and team!

 

 

Oh, if only it were that "wholesome".....Four BCHS girls showed up in support of CCH in "defiance" of all the guys from Ryle and BCHS who were supposed to show up against CCH. CCH starting chanting "Your girls want us!!" Then you got the rest right, Cooper said "You can have them" and CCH answered with "We don't want them" etc......The girls made a hasty departure at that point.

 

I hope your joking. The Cooper girls clearly went over to the Crazies section on a dare and for a laugh ( which it got). After the back and forth they went back to the Cooper section and stood in their front row and cheered on their Jaguars the rest of the game. Please don't make it something that it wasn't.

..so mute point.

 

Nothing Mute on this thread

Time to stir the pot a bit more lol. I was re-watching the video trying and trying to see the ball go in or not, the problem is you see the ball in that video shortly before getting to the basket, then on the video it is not visible and you see the net move etc. Now bear with me here. If you watch that video after the so called "Basket" you will notice 2 things. Watch where you see the Cooper player get the ball, and I believe he caught it before it hit the ground, either way it doesn't matter. What does matter is where he caught it at. Freeze the video as soon as you see him get the ball, what do you notice? He is standing in front, not behind the basket. What else do you notice? The net is pushed back toward the backboard. Now how is it possible the ball comes out front yet the net is still pushed back? The only way that is possible is if the ball "hits" the net and pushes it backwards, not goes through the net unless there was a hole big enough to fit the ball through on the front side of the net.

 

Hey this is all in fun, don't burn me too much, but it is interesting how the ball is in front yet he net is facing back. Watch the video closely, you never see the net go back and then front and then back again, it goes back and then straightens out so how can the ball be in front of the basket when he rebounds it? Just sayin

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Learn the rules before you spout off.

 

 

Okay. Watched the video, and it appears to have went in, and I definitely swing more towards Copper than CC. Not sure it has been mentioned, but that was a pass, and not a 3 pt shot attempt, therefore it should have only counted for 2 pts. Unless rules have changed, a 3pt goal must come from a 3pt shot attempt.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Learn the rules before you spout off.

Calm down please. RandyWatson was just stating what he thought the rule was.

Edited by Hellbird

Calm down please. RandyWatson was just stating what he thought the rule was.

 

Good edit.

Good this wasn't the regional finals LOL

I know haha. I thought it was such a fun game. I thought it did nothing but help build up for a possible meeting in the tourney between these two teams.

 

 

Im so bored tonight, with such a great game last night and then watching UK try and play there is no comparison. Man that was a fun game.

 

I missed the big game last year..I thought it was Holmes and somebody, that was the big game of the season but glad I got to see this one which has to be the best game so far of the year in NKY.

Good edit.

Thanks ;)

 

I get out of hand sometimes on here, but everything he's said to anyone who may not be praising CCH always seems to be mean spirited and it's just not in this thread, it was in the Beechwood thread also etc.

 

We may not all agree, but it is nice to show respect for others.

I had someone watch the actual game film which is better than the video we saw earlier. He wasn't there. Has no affiliation with either school.

 

1. Ball "definitely" went in.

2. Not a shooting foul when McNeil was fouled late.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.