Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

I had someone watch the actual game film which is better than the video we saw earlier. He wasn't there. Has no affiliation with either school.

 

1. Ball "definitely" went in.

2. Not a shooting foul when McNeil was fouled late.

Thanks. Anyway it can be

posted?

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had someone watch the actual game film which is better than the video we saw earlier. He wasn't there. Has no affiliation with either school.

 

1. Ball "definitely" went in.

2. Not a shooting foul when McNeil was fouled late.

 

You should have just asked me, I could have told you that. Thanks Clyde.

You should have just asked me, I could have told you that. Thanks Clyde.

 

I needed someone other than Sully who saw the actual game film to confirm.

Thanks. Anyway it can be

posted?

 

If that ever gets posted and confirms the bucket I hope you at least buy me skyline.

If that ever gets posted and confirms the bucket I hope you at least buy me skyline.

Deal, and if it ever gets posted and we can

prove it didn't go in, you're buying me and Mentsch and his future NBA bound little boy Skyline!

Thanks to the CovCath Coaches, I watched the Ruthsatz film today in the Coaches office on a rather big screen TV. It was as I said good!

 

HB I as you know I expressed my displeasure to the person and he expressed his displeasure to me in the form of a PM.

 

His being a registered User and his comments, prove to me at least, that having non paying member on BGP's isn't a good idea at all!

Thanks to the CovCath Coaches, I watched the Ruthsatz film today in the Coaches office on a rather big screen TV. It was as I said good!

 

HB I as you know I expressed my displeasure to the person and he expressed his displeasure to me in the form of a PM.

 

His being a registered User and his comments, prove to me at least, that having non paying member on BGP's isn't a good idea at all!

I appreciated what you said to him also. I don't think it matters if they are paying or not. Even paying members can cross the line (I have in the past ) but at least I always seem, or at least hope, that I come back to my senses and realize that you can catch more flies with honey. Something he unfortunatley hasn't mastered yet. He also could be a lot younger and not wise like us elder folks lol.

Marvin Jones tweet:

 

 

So the Cooper/CCH game was POPPIN tonight... Had my heart pounding in the 4th! Great game now I gotta go to another one!

 

 

I'll stop by his house tomorrow (he lives on my FedEx route, see him quite often) and see what he has going on Friday night, I hear there are a couple of good games. :thumb:

IMO, this thread has officially been painful to read, I'm with Baseball Nut 24....... :isurrender::isurrender::isurrender::isurrender::isurrender:

First congrats to CCH for finding a way to win. I won't get into "if" baskets were made or "if" fouls were called but what I will say is this, Cooper has now held NCC, Holmes, and CCH to their lowest point totals of year which makes it clear that they can "play" with ANYONE in the 9th. At issue for the Jags has been offense. For Hathorn only to have 7 points and the younger McNeil only to have 1 point and STILL have the opportunity to win at the end says something, again, about Coach Sully's coaching ability and what he has done in the 6 short years the school has been in existence is incredible. One thing I know for certain, if the Jags get hot offensively heading into March and they continue to play solid defense, which 9 times out of 10 is a given, I really don't think ANY team will want to play them or at least think they will not be in for an absolute dog fight. The "Orange" has a funny way of bouncing sometimes and all I will say moving forward is; on any given nite...........I'll let you finish the sentence. (Anyone recall the '10 Newport team?)

 

Close, but not exactly.

 

Lafayette 57-55 - NewCath 2 pt. loss

Knott Co 56-53 - NewCath 3 pt. win

Highlands 56-28 - NewCath 28 pt. win

Cooper 58-37 - NewCath 21 pt. Win

paNDA....How can I get a this pic from you?

First congrats to CCH for finding a way to win. I won't get into "if" baskets were made or "if" fouls were called but what I will say is this, Cooper has now held NCC, Holmes, and CCH to their lowest point totals of year which makes it clear that they can "play" with ANYONE in the 9th. At issue for the Jags has been offense. For Hathorn only to have 7 points and the younger McNeil only to have 1 point and STILL have the opportunity to win at the end says something, again, about Coach Sully's coaching ability and what he has done in the 6 short years the school has been in existence is incredible. One thing I know for certain, if the Jags get hot offensively heading into March and they continue to play solid defense, which 9 times out of 10 is a given, I really don't think ANY team will want to play them or at least think they will not be in for an absolute dog fight. The "Orange" has a funny way of bouncing sometimes and all I will say moving forward is; on any given nite...........I'll let you finish the sentence. (Anyone recall the '10 Newport team?)

 

You are correct in some of your thoughts. They are consistently the best defensive team in the 9th since Sully. The comparison with Newport in 2010 is valid, but Newport really had one team Holmes that was much better (not the Finals, I know). This year there are three teams that are Top 15 in the state, much harder road. They would have to beat more than likely 2 of the 3, and I am not certain they can win their first district game in that crazy district.

 

Lloyd made a similar improvement throughout the year in 2011. They had more than one team that was really, really good to beat, also.

 

Love your enthusiasm for the Jags, when you watch them play, they play hard and most people love that. You have to admire their hard-nosed style. However, I just don't think they can score consistently enough in a 4-5 game tourney stretch, in which they would have no sure win to get it all.

 

With that being said, you are correct, there is no team that will look forward to playing them, as if it would be a sure thing. You earn it when you beat the Jags.

 

Solid ball club.

Hahaha, nope, not until I see inconclusive evidence.

I was saying if they were going to count it then it should be 3 not 2

 

HB - wouldn't you want to see conclusive evidence and not inconclusive evidence? lol

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Learn the rules before you spout off.

 

This was the rule at one time, which was probably 20 years ago. Notice that I said "unless the rule has changed." Calm down, chief!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.