Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

Like I said last night I would have sworn it didn't go through, but I asked Coach Sullivan today what he thought and said it went in the basket. "Thought it did last night and watched it this morning. Never touched any rim. All net straight through."

 

 

...which is why the net did what it did.

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we want to go negative, it was the worst lob I have ever seen!

I spoke with several Cooper players last night and they all said it went in.

I can't tell anything with the ball going in from the video. The net and kids reactions are consistent with it being made. On another note. Must've been one heckuva game. Great job by both.

It went in. You are WRONG. It is ok.

Lighten up Francis.

If I remember right, Zach McNeil tried a lob in the first half that went in and out and almost went in, too.

Like I said last night I would have sworn it didn't go through, but I asked Coach Sullivan today what he thought and said it went in the basket. "Thought it did last night and watched it this morning. Never touched any rim. All net straight through."

 

I think it's one of those instances that it depended on the angle that people saw it. From the side of the basket you could see it go under the rim. From behind or down the court like Sullys angle it would be hard to tell kind of like an optical illusion.

You guys should put that clip on youtube and see if it can get close to the Zapruder film for views.... heck even the Zapruder film is more clear than that one (not saying whether the ball went in or not, I can't 100% tell from the video either way).

I've played and reffed a lot of basketball. I've never seen the net do what it did UNLESS it went in the basket. A ball that hits the net from the side doesn't cause the net to do what it did in that video.

 

Add in the reactions by EVERY person on the floor and I say it went in.

 

If it truly went in, why did the ref not signal 3 pointer good?? That's the main question. There was NO signal from either of the 3 refs for a 2 or 3 pointer. Just a bad situation all together.

I spoke with several Cooper players last night and they all said it went in.

 

Please tell the 10 players on the court, the coaching staffs from both teams, the three refs, and the independent photographer a few feet away, that they're all wrong.

Signed,

Oliver Stone, Jesse Ventura and HB

I just need to make this perfectly clear even though I have already said this numerous times in here but apparently there may be some that still don't understand.

 

I am not saying it had anything to do with the outcome. Doesn't matter to me. It was an awesome game either way. It was simply brought up to get others perspective of that play because as anyone who was there would say it was very odd what transpired and if others saw why we thought we saw was all.

 

Grat game and glad I was there to see it.

I just need to make this perfectly clear even though I have already said this numerous times in here but apparently there may be some that still don't understand.

 

I am not saying it had anything to do with the outcome. Doesn't matter to me. It was an awesome game either way. It was simply brought up to get others perspective of that play because as anyone who was there would say it was very odd what transpired and if others saw why we thought we saw was all.

 

Grat game and glad I was there to see it.

 

The only reason the debate goes on is you still believe it didn't go in and that is ok. I like conviction. Been a fun discussion and definitely sparked discussion on the site.

The only reason the debate goes on is you still believe it didn't go in and that is ok. I like conviction. Been a fun discussion and definitely sparked discussion on the site.

 

You have read this thread and realize I'm not the only one with the same opinion right?

 

I think the reason the debate goes on is because their are several that claim the same, not just me.

The only reason the debate goes on is you still believe it didn't go in and that is ok. I like conviction. Been a fun discussion and definitely sparked discussion on the site.

 

Truthfully and honestly, I saw the ball go in for a score and saw it as plainly as I see the screen in front of me at the moment. Not even a bit of a hesitation in calling it out as a three point basket and clearly saw the Cooper player step out of bounds then and only then in-bound the ball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.