Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Cooper 48

Featured Replies

Both sides were having fun- but to clarify for the crazies, the second exchange came about when @ 4 Cooper girls came over and stood with the Crazies (on a dare no doubt)- thus the whole, "your girls love us", "you can have them", "we don't want them"...exchange. Pretty funny.

 

...and I am telling you, the video from above does not tell me anything. The ball passed beneath the rim, hit the net and clipped the bottom of the backboard- all giving the illusion that it went in. I was sitting 30 feet away in the bleachers with my site line on the exact same height and plane as the rim.

You left off the best part of that chant...after the crazies said "We don't want them" The Coop Squad fired back with "We Don't Blame You" lol

It was classic lol

  • Replies 237
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think as far as the video goes, it would be a lot nicer seeing it on an actual tv screen instead of the little 2 inch monitor on the camera. Then maybe it would be clearer because it would be bigger. Why was it played back like that instead of on a tv monitor? Anyone have a actual video of it from a regular monitor instead of a 2 inch monitor where you can't even see the ball?

I can tell you exactly how it did it, the ball went right under the front of the rim and hit the net and dropped down.

 

Remember there were others there that saw the same thing as I did with a much closer view than what the video showed.

 

 

I've played and reffed a lot of basketball. I've never seen the net do what it did UNLESS it went in the basket. A ball that hits the net from the side doesn't cause the net to do what it did in that video.

 

Add in the reactions by EVERY person on the floor and I say it went in.

I've played and reffed a lot of basketball. I've never seen the net do what it did UNLESS it went in the basket. A ball that hits the net from the side doesn't cause the net to do what it did in that video.

 

Add in the reactions by EVERY person on the floor and I say it went in.

We'll just disagree. From eyewitnesses who saw it not go in and looking at the video where you can't even see the ball go in because it was such a small 2 inch monitor from a view so far away. Like I said, I'd love to see it on a regular tv monitor where you can actually see the ball. That would be nice.

 

As far as what the net did, it went backwards and up as it would when you have a ball traveling down from above that hits the net. Like I said, those there saw what happened and it doesn't mean it changed the outcome of a great game either way. It was just a weird incident that occurred.

HB. while we will agree to disagree, I will agree with you on it being a great game, where those that had to pay, got more than their money worth from not only seeing a great game but in seeing and listening to two great student bodies, having a great time while all the time acting like ladies and gentlemen, in doing so.

 

It indeed was a fun night for the fans and the players and the community who should be very proud of their young adults, as they each handled themselves with class! I tip my hat off to all of them!

Ball went in, get over it.

 

Haha, sorry to disagree, but the ball did not go in. The refs got that one wrong.

 

I will leave it at this. I've never seen a basket made where so many people from both fan bases and neutral observers say it did not go in. I would find it very difficult for that many people to miss a basket.

Ball went in' date=' get over it.[/quote']

It actually didn't but no big deal. Not the first time refs got it wrong.

 

There isn't anything to get over btw. It doesn't bother me either way. Just passing on info from people who were there and what they also saw (and I'm talking CCH fans since that is who I was sitting with at the time the play occured) Not really sure why they would make it up especially when it didn't benefit them by admitting it. If it were 1 person saying they saw it not go in that is one thing, but when a lot of people are saying on the same shot that it didn't go in, I think it's more than a coincidence don't you think? Why would it all be on that shot? Kind of weird if you ask me if it didn't happen.

We'll just disagree. From eyewitnesses who saw it not go in and looking at the video where you can't even see the ball go in because it was such a small 2 inch monitor from a view so far away. Like I said, I'd love to see it on a regular tv monitor where you can actually see the ball. That would be nice.

 

As far as what the net did, it went backwards and up as it would when you have a ball traveling down from above that hits the net. Like I said, those there saw what happened and it doesn't mean it changed the outcome of a great game either way. It was just a weird incident that occurred.

 

In watching the video I could see the ball and it definitely appears to go in. When you pause it it may make it appear that you can't see the ball because it's caught in between frames.

In watching the video I could see the ball and it definitely appears to go in. When you pause it it may make it appear that you can't see the ball because it's caught in between frames.

Like I said, I'd love to see the video on a regular monitor, not a 2 inch screen from the camera. It's much too small to see anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

Just one of those things and I wondered why it wasn't posted from a regular monitor where the picture would be clearer. The conspiracy theorists coming to life lol.

Ball went in' date=' get over it.[/quote']

 

Settle down some! :stop:

 

The gentleman is giving us his take on the play, as did paNDA and I gave ours. My monitor and cpu at work makes it a tough call but between Clyde, paNDA and Sportsguy I trust all three very much and know all three to be honest and above board!

 

At home I will be able to view the play better or maybe I will have time tonight at The Jack Kaelin Freshman Tourney to view it in the coaches office, if they have it up.

Edited by Theoldguy

Just went back to watch the video, as I was intrigued by 8 pages of debate on one play.

 

I can't tell anything by watching the ball, but I watched the video several times and focused on the players from both squads. Every player on the floor reacts as if the ball went through the hoop. Not just the young man who takes it out of bounds, but every player on the floor. Based on player reactions I would say the ball went through the hoop. JMO

Hey, I'm just happy I made the video lol. If you watch the video from the link in this thread you will see 2 fans sitting behind the CCH bench, that is yours truly and Metsch....that shows you how close we were to the shot and the angle from the side we had.

Wasn't at the game, but IMHO I find it hard to believe that the Cooper player under the basket who got the ball would take the ball out of bounds and inbound it IF it didn't go in. Most HS players I've seen would be looking at the refs to plead the case of "no basket", not contine the action by inbounding the ball. :idunno:

It went in. You are WRONG. It is ok.

It actually didn't but no big deal. Not the first time refs got it wrong.

 

There isn't anything to get over btw. It doesn't bother me either way. Just passing on info from people who were there and what they also saw (and I'm talking CCH fans since that is who I was sitting with at the time the play occured) Not really sure why they would make it up especially when it didn't benefit them by admitting it. If it were 1 person saying they saw it not go in that is one thing, but when a lot of people are saying on the same shot that it didn't go in, I think it's more than a coincidence don't you think? Why would it all be on that shot? Kind of weird if you ask me if it didn't happen.

Like I said last night I would have sworn it didn't go through, but I asked Coach Sullivan today what he thought and said it went in the basket. "Thought it did last night and watched it this morning. Never touched any rim. All net straight through."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.