Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

Does anyone REALLY believe that's all that guy said?

 

At that moment, maybe. We may never know. Through the game, definitely no.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree, Deuce. And no, I am not black so I can't relate but if a black guy retaliated that way every time some idiot used a racial slur there would probably be fights breaking out every day at arenas.

 

Lot of Twitter activity concerning that yesterday. A lot of athletes in agreement.

I disagree, Deuce. And no, I am not black so I can't relate but if a black guy retaliated that way every time some idiot used a racial slur there would probably be fights breaking out every day at arenas.

 

Are racial slurs that prevalent in public like that?

Umm, what more can they do? He didn't break any laws, aside from banning him from future games, which has occurred, what else would you like them to do?

Umm, Texas Tech has done 0, Zero, Nothing. The guy said he was doing this to himself.

Are racial slurs that prevalent in public like that?

 

"Prevalent", of course not. But according to multiple athletes they say it is uttered at games.

Are racial slurs that prevalent in public like that?

 

I've been to a lot of sports events and I've never heard any that I can remember.

 

Maybe I'm sitting around the wrong people.

I disagree, Deuce. And no, I am not black so I can't relate but if a black guy retaliated that way every time some idiot used a racial slur there would probably be fights breaking out every day at arenas.

 

I'm not saying that every racial slur results in a brawl, nor that it should. But if somebody has the stones to say that to a black man's face, that person shouldn't be surprised if they get their face beat in....

I've been to a lot of sports events and I've never heard any that I can remember.

 

Maybe I'm sitting around the wrong people.

Or maybe you are sitting with the right people ;)
Or maybe you are sitting with the right people ;)

 

:lol2: Good point.

Go back and read my posts again. I'm questioning the 'evidence' brought forward as proof. Are you 100% sure that is Orr's voice on the video and please explain to me in depth how you arrive at the decision that the voice belongs to Orr. And don't say because Orr said so. If I can't use because Smart said so then you can't use because Orr said so.
I actually disagree with this statement. And it is as easy as "innocent until proven guilty". Texas Tech has the most to lose in this situation. Mr. Orr will keep his job. Marcus will make millions. Texas Tech is hanging on by a thread. They had better keep this on the up and up.

Is that now the most powerful word in America?

At least Tubby is used to this.... :lol2:

I don't care what Orr says, he's a 60 year old man trying to get under the skin of an 18-19 year old. What he's saying has no bearing on my opinion what so ever and I could care less what he says he said because I'm not buying it. Hell it could be his voice calling Smart a piece of crap he was heckling him all game. When Smart jumped up and turned around Orr could of lipped the N-word we don't know. What we do know is Orr is an idiot fan who has no buisness doing this stuff at games and Smart reacted and pushed him and received his punishment. I don't think PP92 is saying Smart should get off Scott free, in fact he said the punishment was fair. Let the kid serve his punishment and learn from this, but to think he should be kicked off the team is insane. The facts are Orr should not be doing what he has been doing at these games and Smart shouldn't of reacted the way he did. I agree with PP92 that if a racial slur was said then I can see why Smart flipped out. Should it go unpunished? No and I believe PP92 feels the same way.

This is a solid post, but it mirrors what many on here have said.

 

Orr is an idiot

Smart is a hot head

Both should be punished

 

Who said he should be kicked off the team?

But there weren't any other players there until after the push...

Im sure they were close enough to hear if he said it loud enough for Smart to hear. If they weren't what does that tell you about his relationship with his team. Usually if a player ends up where he did there is at least one or more come to help you up. He didn't bounce right up after going in there. I think some would be close enough to hear. If not then that tells me something about Mr. Smart.

  • Author
Is that now the most powerful word in America?

 

No love is, but unfortunately it's not used nearly enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.