Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

If he called him a racial slur, by all means ban him for life. if he said piece of crap...I think that's a little much.

 

Does anyone REALLY believe that's all that guy said?

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not think this exchange (piece of crap or n-word) lit the fuse.

 

If you call a black dude the n-word, regardless if you've said anything to him previously or not, expect him to blow up on you. Forget the fuse...

  • Author
I still think people are ignoring that this guy had to be getting at Smart all game and he just had enough. I do not think this exchange (piece of crap or n-word) lit the fuse. It was just the tipping point coupled with the realization the Sooners were about to drop their 4th game in a row. This has to be the case because he knew he exactly who he was going after before he even turned around. Not as if he turned around and a group of people were pointing out Orr.

 

Smart may come after you next for calling him a Sooner. :lol2:

Does anyone REALLY believe that's all that guy said?

 

Apparently. :lol2:

 

It really blows my mind that so many people think he would react like that to "piece of crap." That is the most bogus cop out insult I have ever heard.

Does anyone REALLY believe that's all that guy said?

 

Sounded like someone said that on the audio I heard. I can't say it was Orr.

Smart may come after you next for calling him a Sooner. :lol2:

 

:lol2: Ha.

Apparently. :lol2:

 

It really blows my mind that so many people think he would react like that to "piece of crap." That is the most bogus cop out insult I have ever heard.

I don't know what was said but I've seen worse blow ups over less...people can loose control over a lot of stuff not just that one word. He has past anger issues and maybe Orr said what Smart said maybe he didn't, it could have been a cumulative effect of an entire game of heckling? The fact that Smart blew up gives no more or less credence to what may have been said...IMO.

He has past anger issues and maybe Orr said what Smart said maybe he didn't, it could have been a cumulative effect of an entire game of heckling?

 

Has there been anything to lead us to believe that Orr was giving it to Smart the whole game? I've seen nothing of the sort...

Has there been anything to lead us to believe that Orr was giving it to Smart the whole game? I've seen nothing of the sort...

 

No, but seeing his actions at other games it's not hard to imagine that he very well could have been.

I think if the guy called him that other players would have heard it. Usually if you go down under the goal there are plenty of players under there to help you up and get you back on the floor.

I think if the guy called him that other players would have heard it. Usually if you go down under the goal there are plenty of players under there to help you up and get you back on the floor.

 

But there weren't any other players there until after the push...

I'm not reading all 17 pages.

Part A. I want to come in on the side of Marcus Smart. I was a hot headed kid. I don't think he was unjustified with this fan. I don't believe the guy in the stands only said what has been reported.

Part B. I can't blame the Big 12. They have to suspend him. You can't have players going in the stands.

Part C. Texas Tech grow a pair and do something to the fan. I don't accept his self imposed ban.

Has there been anything to lead us to believe that Orr was giving it to Smart the whole game? I've seen nothing of the sort...

 

Lots of former players saying he heckles all game long...

I'm not reading all 17 pages.

Part A. I want to come in on the side of Marcus Smart. I was a hot headed kid. I don't think he was unjustified with this fan. I don't believe the guy in the stands only said what has been reported.

Part B. I can't blame the Big 12. They have to suspend him. You can't have players going in the stands.

Part C. Texas Tech grow a pair and do something to the fan. I don't accept his self imposed ban.

 

Umm, what more can they do? He didn't break any laws, aside from banning him from future games, which has occurred, what else would you like them to do?

If you call a black dude the n-word, regardless if you've said anything to him previously or not, expect him to blow up on you. Forget the fuse...
I disagree, Deuce. And no, I am not black so I can't relate but if a black guy retaliated that way every time some idiot used a racial slur there would probably be fights breaking out every day at arenas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.