February 10, 201412 yr Author I don't know how to answer the question any better. I don't think Smart heard the N word. I believe he used it as his defense for his poor actions... Smarts anger escalated because the situation escalated' date=' with the tech, the impending loss and his continued struggles on the court... If I was Orr I would make him clear the air, either by his own doing or a lawsuit.[/quote'] There's a reason Orr "volunteered" to miss the rest of the season. It's not for calling Smart a piece of trash, and I don't believe for one second he volunteered.
February 10, 201412 yr Yes. Edited. Doctored. Voiced over. Whatever you want to call it. Yes. Look into it further. The only words heard in that video were piece of crap. Nobody else in that area uttered a single word but we could hear and point out for sure that Orr was the only person talking in that area? We couldn't hear Smart, none of the fans in that area, not the photographer who got ran over(and didn't say a single word either...) nothing. But we could hear Orr and know it was him plain as day? Come on man........ :lol2: What's the incentive for Texas Tech here? C'mon man...relax with the conspiracy theories.
February 10, 201412 yr Author :lol2: What's the incentive for Texas Tech here? C'mon man...relax with the conspiracy theories. Financial. To justify continuing taking large sums of money from this overaged bully.
February 10, 201412 yr I have no reason to believe he was called the N word... Only the out of control teenager has said he was... Not one fan, cameraman, espn crew member or teammate has validated his story. I find that telling... Like I said you hitch your wagon to Smart and I'll hitch mine to Orr. We'll talk in a few, Smart can't hide from his demons... Out of control teenager? His deamons? Ummm... no one is exactly validating Orr's story either. Has Smart been arrested for something considerably bad and I missed it? Suspension from the team that I don't know about? I'm not seeing any kind of record. He kicked a chair and complained about flopping. If you think an "out of control teenager" because the kid kicked a chair out of frustration, then you've got some pretty high standards. I'd hate to know what you think of Johnny Manziel who picked up an AI/PI while in college. Let's not act like Smart is some hardened criminal.
February 10, 201412 yr Only he and the university's doctored YouTube video support that. No other fans heard him call him a piece of crap? Uncomfortable silence. I've heard it before. Trust me you won't have to worry about silence on my end... The discussion with you is now to the point your denying a video with proof of what was said. This story is far from over, my guess is you'll have all the proof you need in the coming week. As for racist comments... Of course there inappropriate in all aspects of life including sports, I have never and will not condone the use of racial comments, however, I felt from jump street that this was not a case of that and felt Jeff Orr would have not made it this long with that skeleton in his closet. As it turns out that was right, in less of course you choose to deny the only facts that exist in this case...
February 10, 201412 yr I would probably understand it more if I didn't hear that word every day coming out of my radio. You (and when I say you, I don't mean you, specifically) cannot have it both ways. Either is a bad word; or it's not. I don't absolve the fan for anything; I've already stated my opinion of him and anyone else who confronts players on the court, etc...and I've never stated that Smart was the bad guy. I'm on the same page as you. My post was in agreement with yours. And don't get me started on what they allow played on the radio these days.
February 10, 201412 yr :lol2: What's the incentive for Texas Tech here? C'mon man...relax with the conspiracy theories. Uhhhh, the incentive is that they don't look they have a racist superfan? Seems like a pretty good incentive to me. Especially with Tubby Smith as your head coach.
February 10, 201412 yr Just me, but I don't think that a guy like Orr gets to where he is being a complete Dumbo. If he said something racial in nature to Smart, I'm sure he probably said it where only those two and people immediately in the vicinity could hear it. Obviously if he were just yelling out racial epithets at all times, someone would have complained by now, but I think we're not giving him enough credit if he's smart enough to make enough money to get to the point of being a college booster who can afford to just up and go to all these games while probably missing work time, etc. Going to a private school that's around $30K a year, I can tell you that there are kids I've witnessed do stuff where they exchange words with someone in passing where just the two parties could hear it, then straight up deny they ever said anything at all when they get a reaction.
February 10, 201412 yr I don't know how to answer the question any better. I don't think Smart heard the N word. I believe he used it as his defense for his poor actions... Smarts anger escalated because the situation escalated, with the tech, the impending loss and his continued struggles on the court... If I was Orr I would make him clear the air, either by his own doing or a lawsuit. Okay.
February 10, 201412 yr Trust me you won't have to worry about silence on my end... The discussion with you is now to the point your denying a video with proof of what was said. This story is far from over, my guess is you'll have all the proof you need in the coming week. As for racist comments... Of course there inappropriate in all aspects of life including sports, I have never and will not condone the use of racial comments, however, I felt from jump street that this was not a case of that and felt Jeff Orr would have not made it this long with that skeleton in his closet. As it turns out that was right, in less of course you choose to deny the only facts that exist in this case... So that video seemed perfectly normal to you and you are absolutely sure that the voice you heard was Jeff Orr's?
February 10, 201412 yr So that video seemed perfectly normal to you and you are absolutely sure that the voice you heard was Jeff Orr's? The video combined with the fact no one will validate Smarts story... Be patient, this story's not over...
February 10, 201412 yr Just me, but I don't think that a guy like Orr gets to where he is being a complete Dumbo. If he said something racial in nature to Smart, I'm sure he probably said it where only those two and people immediately in the vicinity could hear it. Obviously if he were just yelling out racial epithets at all times, someone would have complained by now, but I think we're not giving him enough credit if he's smart enough to make enough money to get to the point of being a college booster who can afford to just up and go to all these games while probably missing work time, etc. Going to a private school that's around $30K a year, I can tell you that there are kids I've witnessed do stuff where they exchange words with someone in passing where just the two parties could hear it, then straight up deny they ever said anything at all when they get a reaction. So true. Sad that so many people choose to live with their heads in the sand but it is what it is. Unless it can be proven beyond the shadow of doubt that the white person said something racist then nothing racist happened. It's been this way for centuries. Why would it change in 2014? Upstanding white man who donates money to the university against the volatile young angry black male? What was I thinking? Wasted a whole day on this thread. Good night, Joker. Gonna go watch some Netflix.
February 10, 201412 yr Just me' date=' but I don't think that a guy like Orr gets to where he is being a complete Dumbo. If he said something racial in nature to Smart, I'm sure he probably said it where only those two and people immediately in the vicinity could hear it. Obviously if he were just yelling out racial epithets at all times, someone would have complained by now, but I think we're not giving him enough credit if he's smart enough to make enough money to get to the point of being a college booster who can afford to just up and go to all these games while probably missing work time, etc. Going to a private school that's around $30K a year, I can tell you that there are kids I've witnessed do stuff where they exchange words with someone in passing where just the two parties could hear it, then straight up deny they ever said anything at all when they get a reaction.[/quote'] So true. Sad that so many people choose to live with their heads in the sand but it is what it is. Unless it can be proven beyond the shadow of doubt that the white person said something racist then nothing racist happened. It's been this way for centuries. Why would it change in 2014? Upstanding white man who donates money to the university against the volatile young angry black male? What was I thinking? Wasted a whole day on this thread. Good night' date=' Joker. Gonna go watch some Netflix.[/quote'] So he said it loud enough for Smart to hear it but not the camera beside Smart, then they doctored the tape so it appeared he said something different? Yea that sounds logical...
February 10, 201412 yr If I'm right, tomorrow a lot more will probably come out on Smart, Orr and some facts. News cycles will begin and it's the best time to get hits...
February 10, 201412 yr Just me, but I don't think that a guy like Orr gets to where he is being a complete Dumbo. If he said something racial in nature to Smart, I'm sure he probably said it where only those two and people immediately in the vicinity could hear it. Obviously if he were just yelling out racial epithets at all times, someone would have complained by now, but I think we're not giving him enough credit if he's smart enough to make enough money to get to the point of being a college booster who can afford to just up and go to all these games while probably missing work time, etc. Going to a private school that's around $30K a year, I can tell you that there are kids I've witnessed do stuff where they exchange words with someone in passing where just the two parties could hear it, then straight up deny they ever said anything at all when they get a reaction. From what I saw in the video, Smart went out of bounds and ended up on the floor. He then got up and went about 2 or 3 rows back to where Orr was seated / standing. IMO if Smart heard what he said while on the floor, there are plenty of others around who likely could / should have heard it as well. Whether those in the vicintiy who would have had the opportunity to hear what was said are covering anything up for Orr or not is another story.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.