February 9, 201412 yr I couldn't make out anything he was saying. Are you watching the same clip that is posted above or another angle? Not the angle I was talking about, but you can see it on this one. Pay attention to smart at the :40 mark, and again at 1:40... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10427235
February 9, 201412 yr I haven't seen anything that suggest he has cussed out players? Where have you heard that? I also haven't seen where he flipped anyone the bird. He implied a gesture that is a associated with flipping the bird but didn't go that far. The associate AD for Tech said that Jeff Orr has never crossed the line and they were surprised by the allegations. Until I hear otherwise I consider that defense enough that he didn't make the comments he is accused of. It would have been quite easy for Smart to use that as justification for his lack/lapse of proper judgement. It would have rallied a lot of people to his defense...
February 9, 201412 yr I haven't seen anything that suggest he has cussed out players? Where have you heard that? I also haven't seen where he flipped anyone the bird. He implied a gesture that is a associated with flipping the bird but didn't go that far. The associate AD for Tech said that Jeff Orr has never crossed the line and they were surprised by the allegations. Until I hear otherwise I consider that defense enough that he didn't make the comments he is accused of. It would have been quite easy for Smart to use that as justification for his lack/lapse of proper judgement. It would have rallied a lot of people to his defense...
February 9, 201412 yr While maybe ignorant, that's hardly evidence to imply he's a racist... If he said what Smart suggest he said, it will be known IMO and his history will be known as well... Like I've said, at this point I'd have to side with Orr. And the AD that said he's never crossed the line.
February 9, 201412 yr While maybe ignorant, that's hardly evidence to imply he's a racist... If he said what Smart suggest he said, it will be known IMO and his history will be known as well... Like I've said, at this point I'd have to side with Orr. And the AD that said he's never crossed the line. I never said I had proof he was was racist. I said there is proof he has a history of cussing out players and asked what the line is. It's cool to cuss out and berate kids just don't get racial?
February 9, 201412 yr The Texas Tech AD said he felt this didn't "cross the line" ... Sounds like the Good Ol Boy network is alive and well at Texas Tech. IMO the school should revoke Orr's tickets. As far as Smart, I believe he should serve a 3 game suspension and move on.
February 9, 201412 yr Jeff Orr Identified as Texas Tech Fan Shoved by Marcus Smart | Bleacher Report That article may be the best defense yet for Orr, pretty much says, in his own words, that he didn't say the "N word" or anything vulgar. Also says he has a history of saying crazy stuff, but doesn't say he has a history of racial or vulgar comments. Also has endorsements from the university and former TT coach's. That article pretty much furthers my belief that he said something (not racial) to an unstable (at the moment) adrenaline filled athlete and that athlete used poor judgement in his decision on how to handle it, that athlete then used the best defense he could to gain sympathizers to justify his actions. A little fortune telling on my part, but I would guess OSU has been made aware that audio or something solid exist to validate that Orr did not make a racial comment and today's press conference will be an apology and acknowledgment of that....
February 9, 201412 yr I never said I had proof he was was racist. I said there is proof he has a history of cussing out players and asked what the line is. It's cool to cuss out and berate kids just don't get racial? Certainly not okay to cuss players. Where is anything saying he cusses players? I have yet to see anything that suggest Orr has cussed or ever said anything vulgar to a player, and Lucas saying he says "crazy stuff" doesn't mean to me he cussed him or said anything vulgar... if Orr had a history of cursing and saying vulgar things it would be everywhere today... It's not...
February 9, 201412 yr That article may be the best defense yet for Orr, pretty much says, in his own words, that he didn't say the "N word" or anything vulgar. Also says he has a history of saying crazy stuff, but doesn't say he has a history of racial or vulgar comments. Also has endorsements from the university and former TT coach's. That article pretty much furthers my belief that he said something (not racial) to an unstable (at the moment) adrenaline filled athlete and that athlete used poor judgement in his decision on how to handle it, that athlete then used the best defense he could to gain sympathizers to justify his actions. A little fortune telling on my part, but I would guess OSU has been made aware that audio or something solid exist to validate that Orr did not make a racial comment and today's press conference will be an apology and acknowledgment of that.... So the picture and video of him doing the vulgar arm cross is nothing? No evidence of unruly behavior?
February 9, 201412 yr Not the angle I was talking about, but you can see it on this one. Pay attention to smart at the :40 mark, and again at 1:40... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10427235 Thanks, I agree in that angle it does look like Smart says "he called me a N" or "you called me a N"
February 9, 201412 yr Certainly not okay to cuss players. Where is anything saying he cusses players? I have yet to see anything that suggest Orr has cussed or ever said anything vulgar to a player, and Lucas saying he says "crazy stuff" doesn't mean to me he cussed him or said anything vulgar... if Orr had a history of cursing and saying vulgar things it would be everywhere today... It's not... Okay. If you choose to believe that saying crazy stuff wasn't obscene or vulgar that's your choice.
February 9, 201412 yr The Texas Tech AD said they've never had an issue with fan Jeff Orr going too far. I'd be willing to bet that Marcus has offended more and acted out more in his 19 years than this guy has in his 50+ years. I base that off how he acts toward his teammates, coaches and opposing fans. His teammates and coaches seem to handle him in fear. Within one hour of it happening, there's a video posted of tv cameras catching Orr visibly flipping some Texas A&M players off. I'll try to post it if I can find it, but I think it's already been posted in this thread.
February 9, 201412 yr My life hasn't been bad and I'm not on guard nor am I jaded. I have been called the N-word. As has my sister. As has my oldest kid and my youngest has gone through a minor issue at school because of his girlfriend. And those are just the times that people were brave enough to be in our face about it. In my eyes the word is off limits to everyone. I'm not defending the use of anyone using it. Anyone who uses it in any consequence should be prepared for the reaction it invokes. That is all that I am saying. My father is a president of a university and is 66 years old. He'll tell anyone who will listen that the black man has to work twice as hard as the white man to make it to the same place. I haven't had to struggle the way my father had to in order to make it where I want to be but I have witnessed my father work hard to get to where he is now and his work ethic is what has driven me and the success I now enjoy. Do you use the word yourself and if so why? If you do then IMO your argument is worthless.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.