Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

I personally believe the fan should be banned for a year if he used a racial slur or a vulgar comment and that the player get a one game suspension if it was a racial slur used and a 5 game suspension if it was vulgar.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure we looked American, however our clothing and appearance had to not look American and we were instructed to not speak loudly and not appear intimidating. But like I said I'm sure we looked very American. I've never really thought about why we faced that situation, just always assumed it was because we were "infidels"... Our restrictions made it almost not worth traveling in cities like Barcelona and Madrid. I had much more fun in the smaller towns like Zaragoza etc. That was pre-war, I can't imagine traveling abroad now trying to enjoy the world.

 

As someone whose been to a few different countries for study abroad, people know when you're American, no matter how hard you try not to look it. One girl went so far as to put Canadian stickers on some of her stuff and that still didn't work.

Here is some irony pertaining to this part of your post. Desmond Mason, a 10 year NBA player, was on ESPN this morning. He said he consistently heard crap like what we are talking about here from fans while in college. He never heard any of that type of stuff from NBA fans.

 

I'd agree. The NBA is in huge cities where there are more diverse populations, which doesn't exactly describe Lubbock.

 

NBA fans down low are a pretty corporate crowd, especially in seats that low. Someone sitting in a seat around you has also paid big bucks to sit there and if a few of them complain about your behavior, it can mean you losing your seats. Aside from the corporate crowds, the only other people that low are the player's families.

 

I had the fortune of sitting 7-12 rows off the floor at a Spurs-Kings game because a friend whose Dad works in oil gave her the tickets and she took me. It was nuts. We were in the row behind Manu's wife and kids. When you are that low, there are ushers everywhere and a lot of the people there are hosting clients and trying to schmooze them and do business.

 

She also told me to behave and not be loud before we went in because her Dad had given the tickets to some people in the past for a Spurs-Mavs games and the guys got really drunk and were being kind of obnoxious and it got a complaint drawn (i.e., a "give your tickets to those guys or people who pull that again, and they won't be good tickets anymore").

 

Now, most of the Spurs games I've been to, the upper level, where tickets can be bought for as low as $10, it's completely different.

 

I'd say Mason didn't hear anything at an NBA game, but it didn't mean it wasn't there. Just that people were priced out and the regulatory system is so much different.

Do you use the word yourself and if so why? If you do then IMO your argument is worthless.

 

Not anymore. I used to though and I believe I stated that in post 186.

 

Whether I use it or not doesn't make my argument worthless because as I see you bolded that I said that "anyone who uses it in any consequence should be prepared for the reaction it invokes." That means everyone. Red, yellow, black or white.

We'll never know what was actually said. Probably for the best.

@GoodmanESPN: Marcus Smart's first game back he plays Texas Tech in Stillwater. Not quite sure that's the best timing.

@goodmanespn

 

Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr volunteers not to attend any more home or away Texas Tech games this year.

We'll never know what was actually said. Probably for the best.

I disagree, if he called him a stupid head Smart might have some bigger issues going on.

@goodmanespn

 

Jeff Orr: "My actions last night were inappropriate … I regret calling Mr. Smart a "piece of crap."

 

 

Jeff Orr also said in the statement that he denies using a racial slur to Marcus Smart.

 

 

 

 

Hum, interesting.

Jeff Orr: "My actions last night were inappropriate … I regret calling Mr. Smart a "piece of crap." Jeff Orr also said in the statement that he denies using a racial slur to Marcus Smart.

 

No sane person would ever admit to dropping a racial slur in this situation.

@goodmanespn

 

Jeff Orr: "My actions last night were inappropriate … I regret calling Mr. Smart a "piece of crap."

 

 

Jeff Orr also said in the statement that he denies using a racial slur to Marcus Smart.

 

 

 

 

Hum, interesting.

 

Just saw that also. Hard to believe Smart would snap over that. Especially when you can read Smart's lips when his teammates were pulling him away.

No sane person would ever admit to dropping a racial slur in this situation.

 

Agree.

@goodmanespn

 

Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr volunteers not to attend any more home or away Texas Tech games this year.

 

 

@CJStarchild: Amazing how a 19 year old kid has to be humbled for being insulted by a fan who clearly meant to provoke him, but dude gets to volunteer out

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.