Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

Okay. Say they didn't edit it. I'm expected to believe the voice on the video is Orr's voice? Is that correct? A video that doesn't show one picture of Orr at all but I'm expected to believe that is his voice?

 

You are going to believe what you WANT to believe, regardless of the evidence put before you. I have zero emotion either way here. If he is a racist it changes nothing for me. If Smart over reacted to someone calling him a piece of crap, it means nothing to me. Every thing at this moment points to Orr telling the truth. Like I said before, that might change. But what we have now supports his story. And I'm still not buying any conspiracy theories about doctored audio. It just doesn't make sense and the risk would outweigh the reward for Texas Tech IMO.

 

Every shred of evidence we have, other than what Smart MIGHT have told someone (we haven't heard it from him) supports what Orr claims.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not disagreeing with you I think it's possibly edited but we have more "evidence" to support Orr than Smart at this point. I just have a hard time believing someone else wouldn't come forward to support Smart if Orr said something racial.

 

Don't take that as me defending Orr at all, he's a clown either way you spin it.

 

But no one other than Orr has come out to say that's what Orr said either. Not one person has said, "yeah, he only called him a piece of crap." So we have video that we can see Smart say, "you called me the n-word." And we have video where we can hear someone off camera say, "you're a piece of crap" and even though we can't see if Orr said it or not, we just hear it, Orr is assumed innocent and Smart didn't hear what he thought he heard.

 

Every shred of evidence we have, other than what Smart MIGHT have told someone (we haven't heard it from him) supports what Orr claims.

According to OSU sources that is what Smart has told them.

You are going to believe what you WANT to believe, regardless of the evidence put before you. I have zero emotion either way here. If he is a racist it changes nothing for me. If Smart over reacted to someone calling him a piece of crap, it means nothing to me. Every thing at this moment points to Orr telling the truth. Like I said before, that might change. But what we have now supports his story. And I'm still not buying any conspiracy theories about doctored audio. It just doesn't make sense and the risk would outweigh the reward for Texas Tech IMO.

 

Every shred of evidence we have, other than what Smart MIGHT have told someone (we haven't heard it from him) supports what Orr claims.

 

Go back and read my posts again. I'm questioning the 'evidence' brought forward as proof. Are you 100% sure that is Orr's voice on the video and please explain to me in depth how you arrive at the decision that the voice belongs to Orr. And don't say because Orr said so. If I can't use because Smart said so then you can't use because Orr said so.

So basically there are several in here saying that Smart is lying about Orr dropping the n-bomb, and Orr is telling the truth saying he called Smart a piece of crap... How do you come to that conclusion?

So basically there are several in here saying that Smart is lying about Orr dropping the n-bomb, and Orr is telling the truth saying he called Smart a piece of crap... How do you come to that conclusion?

 

I'd assume they do, the same way those who are saying Orr is lying and Smart is telling the truth...How do you come to that conclusion?

My take on the situation....Orr is an idiot. Shouldn't be sitting anywhere near the floor at games.

 

I don't care what was said. Doesn't matter in the slightest. There is never, outside of physical assault, a valid excuse for a player to physically assault a fan in the stands. You have to be smarter than that. 3 game suspension seems fair.

 

As to what he said, if Orr used the "N-word", and I personally don't think he did for many of the reasons HT has mentioned, it still doesn't condone Smart's actions. I get it, but it's still in the wrong. Also, if this was used, Orr needs to be banned from attending any future TT games. Absolutely no place for that.

 

As to Clyde's challenge that he could get a reaction out of anyone....Not even close to being true. I'm a white, Christian, male. There is nothing you can say to offend me. :lol2:

I don't care what Orr says, he's a 60 year old man trying to get under the skin of an 18-19 year old. What he's saying has no bearing on my opinion what so ever and I could care less what he says he said because I'm not buying it. Hell it could be his voice calling Smart a piece of crap he was heckling him all game. When Smart jumped up and turned around Orr could of lipped the N-word we don't know. What we do know is Orr is an idiot fan who has no buisness doing this stuff at games and Smart reacted and pushed him and received his punishment. I don't think PP92 is saying Smart should get off Scott free, in fact he said the punishment was fair. Let the kid serve his punishment and learn from this, but to think he should be kicked off the team is insane. The facts are Orr should not be doing what he has been doing at these games and Smart shouldn't of reacted the way he did. I agree with PP92 that if a racial slur was said then I can see why Smart flipped out. Should it go unpunished? No and I believe PP92 feels the same way.

But no one other than Orr has come out to say that's what Orr said either. Not one person has said, "yeah, he only called him a piece of crap." So we have video that we can see Smart say, "you called me the n-word." And we have video where we can hear someone off camera say, "you're a piece of crap" and even though we can't see if Orr said it or not, we just hear it, Orr is assumed innocent and Smart didn't hear what he thought he heard.

I saw you guys mention that but I didn't see the video. I'd just like to know for sure one way or another.

I'd assume they do, the same way those who are saying Orr is lying and Smart is telling the truth...How do you come to that conclusion?

 

There is a video, directly after the incident, of Smart pointing at Orr saying something along the lines of "you called me an N"... The only "proof" of Orr's story is a video that you apparently can't even see him? So Smart has been lying about what happened, from the moment it happened?

I saw you guys mention that but I didn't see the video. I'd just like to know for sure one way or another.

 

....

 

Not the angle I was talking about, but you can see it on this one. Pay attention to smart at the :40 mark, and again at 1:40...

 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10427235

....

 

 

I've watched that numerous times....I can't make out what Smart's saying. I'm not good at lip reading though.

 

Like I said, I don't care what he said. Smart can't react that way. People/fans are yelling awful things all game long at visiting players. Have to keep it in check.

 

This also shows exactly why court-storming needs to be banned. Things could have gotten very ugly, very quickly. He's very lucky things didn't escalate, a la the Artest situation. Ford has to send Smart to the locker room before the end of the game.

Go back and read my posts again. I'm questioning the 'evidence' brought forward as proof. Are you 100% sure that is Orr's voice on the video and please explain to me in depth how you arrive at the decision that the voice belongs to Orr. And don't say because Orr said so. If I can't use because Smart said so then you can't use because Orr said so.

 

But no one other than Orr has come out to say that's what Orr said either. Not one person has said' date=' "yeah, he only called him a piece of crap." So we have video that we can see Smart say, "you called me the n-word." And we have video where we can hear someone off camera say, "you're a piece of crap" and even though we can't see if Orr said it or not, we just hear it, Orr is assumed innocent and Smart didn't hear what he thought he heard.[/quote']

 

Regarding the evidence...I never said I could confirm 100% that it's Orr on the audio. But when the facts we have now are presented, that's the most likely conclusion I see. I have nothing leading me to believe the audio is doctored at this point. Orr claims he said "piece of crap" and that's what I hear on the audio. I also know that no one has come forward having heard Orr say anything racist. If Smart heard it, someone else would have heard it. Why hasn't anyone confirmed his story? I would like someone to confirm Orr's side of things, but IMO I need more from the accuser in a situation like this.

 

Obviously we differ in opinions, but I'm not going to assume someone said something racist when everything I've seen other than what Smart told OK ST. makes me believe he didn't. Its my opinion that if he said something racist, more than one person in that arena would have heard it.

....

 

Thank you, yes it does look like he said that. Orr denies it, someone is lying.

Regarding the evidence...I never said I could confirm 100% that it's Orr on the audio. But when the facts we have now are presented, that's the most likely conclusion I see. I have nothing leading me to believe the audio is doctored at this point. Orr claims he said "piece of crap" and that's what I hear on the audio. I also know that no one has come forward having heard Orr say anything racist. If Smart heard it, someone else would have heard it. Why hasn't anyone confirmed his story? I would like someone to confirm Orr's side of things, but IMO I need more from the accuser in a situation like this.

 

Obviously we differ in opinions, but I'm not going to assume someone said something racist when everything I've seen other than what Smart told OK ST. makes me believe he didn't. Its my opinion that if he said something racist, more than one person in that arena would have heard it.

 

 

It's my opinion that if all he did was call him a piece of crap then more than one person in the arena would have heard him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.